Sign in to follow this  
sniper

Elk, bear

Man, that yellowish-brown colored bear sure is popular on the trail cams this season! Beautiful!

Nice BULL!!

Just for my own education, as I know little to nothing about antlers and their score, and everyone has commented on how sweet that bull is...what kind of score might that bull possess? Is it a 400 bull, 300 bull, 200 bull? I truly am not educated in this area. Please provide a score.

Just for my own education, as I know little to nothing about antlers and their score, and everyone has commented on how sweet that bull is...what kind of score might that bull possess? Is it a 400 bull, 300 bull, 200 bull? I truly am not educated in this area. Please provide a score.

Its hard to tell what he might score from the pictures but what I can tell u is if those date stamps on the pictures are correct....then he looks mighty good for the end of June. If the dates are correct he'll still have a little bit of growing left to do which makes it hard to determine what his final score may be. Ill go out on a limb here and give a very conservative score of what I think he might end up. Having good fronts/backs and about average 3rds from the looks of the picture, plus the velvet that makes his mass look bigger, I say he will be at LEAST a 365 bull. What I look for in a bull is: good fronts (brow tines) that curl upwards with good length. Backs ("whale tail") with his 5th point being close to the same height as his 4ths. Good width/mass and main beam length. When they have all that I would undoubtedly shoot! From the looks of the pictures that bull has it all! Once again awesome bull and if u have a tag sniper I wish u luck on getting that bull on the ground!

The date is correct on the pics.....and....I DON"T have an elk tag this year!!!!!....what a great looking bull though.

I had much better pics of elk than deer on my cam, and a few bear sightings.....

here are a few more of that bull....

post-8863-0-86453800-1374377155_thumb.jpg

post-8863-0-94158600-1374377160_thumb.jpg

post-8863-0-09937300-1374377166_thumb.jpg

post-8863-0-27776700-1374377171_thumb.jpg

Didnt notice that extra on his right side at first but that could put him over 360.. Give him a year and some good rain and that could be a VERY big bull