1/4 cup worchestershire sauce

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 Tbsp liquid smoke

1 tsp onion powder

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp black pepper

*1 tsp chilli powder

*1 tsp cayenne peppe

(* = these last two ingredients add a spicy kick to the marinade, and are optional)

After 48 hours of marinating meat cubes, drain off solution and place meat in crock pot.

Add 1 sweet onion (sliced), 1 pound of peeled baby carrots, 1 celery clump (chopped), 6 potatoes (cubed), and 1/2 cup water to crock pot.

Cook stew in crock pot for 10 hours on high setting.

Turn off crock, let stand 20 minutes, and enjoy!!

post-4429-0-99909500-1374290288_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-83946600-1374290310_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-88331000-1374290337_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-63020600-1374290354_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-06838600-1374290368_thumb.jpg

Not only do u possess the skills needed to kill bears, it looks like u know how to cook them too! That looks really good! Congrats on your recent success!

That looks awesome Keith. You will have to put a few of your bear recipes in the new cwt cook book when it comes out. I'm getting the itch to purchase a bear tag so I can try some of that stew. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

How did it come out?

Was the meat tender? Flavorful? Dry? Fatty?

I've grilled black bear backstrap before.

Mine turned out okay. Not flavorful, but clean.

Man that looks good! I have heard some pretty negative opinions on bear meat and I have never understood how somebody could not like it. I would assume that a lot of it has to do with the bear's diet and then how the meat was cared for after the kill. Angie and I both agreed that the bear I killed a couple of years ago was some of the best tasting wild game we ever had. I need to kill another one and try your recipe. Thanks for sharing and congrats again!

-Tracy

How did it come out?

Was the meat tender? Flavorful? Dry? Fatty?

I've grilled black bear backstrap before.

Mine turned out okay. Not flavorful, but clean.

The meat is so tender that it melts in your mouth and simply falls apart. Totally moist, and fat free! However, it is still in cubed form and did NOT turn to mush in the crock pot. The "broth" that formed in the crock pot over the cooking duration was spicier than I normally like it, so I ate last night with minimal broth in my soup bowl. My wife liked the spicy broth. Anyone on the east side is welcome to send me a PM if they would like to sample a free bowl today or tomorrow afternoon.

Looking really good Kidso !

IMO the only time to just throw a bear steak on the grill is when you need new soles on your boots !

My preference is to either eat bear cooked down in a stew like Kidso made or cook up chili, chili verde type dishes. The key is to cook it way down until it's nice and tender in its own gravy. Nice lean "ground bear" cut with eight to ten percent beef fat cooked in various forms such as tacos, burritos, spaghetti, enchiladas, bear helper ect. is a great way to eat bear meat. A nice bear burger is pretty good too .

I have eaten a lot of bear and it's good stuff ! B)

Looking really good Kidso !

IMO the only time to just throw a bear steak on the grill is when you need new soles on your boots !

My preference is to either eat bear cooked down in a stew like Kidso made or cook up chili, chili verde type dishes. The key is to cook it way down until it's nice and tender in its own gravy. Nice lean "ground bear" cut with eight to ten percent beef fat cooked in various forms such as tacos, burritos, spaghetti, enchiladas, bear helper ect. is a great way to eat bear meat. A nice bear burger is pretty good too .

I have eaten a lot of bear and it's good stuff ! B)

We love to make bear machaca, bear tamales, and tacos de oso negro. Another favorite is to make a BBQ out of it in a "twice-pulled pork" manner of cooking.

tacos del oso negro... that sounds amazing. Guess Ill head over to Alfonso's for some tacos del question mark.