Sign in to follow this  

My brother and I didn't get drawn and have chosen to pick up some left over tags. We don't know for sure which hunt we will get (if any), but will most likely get the late November 36A hunt. I would like to start scouting soon, since we've never hunted the area. I would like to get in by the foothills of the mountains out there. I would really appreciate some general areas to start. I'm looking for a place that's accessible by road. Don't mind hiking a few miles off road, just need to get to a general area to start. Can anybody please PM me some general areas that they've had some success with?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

WTChaser

Don't hunt 36A that unit has been so over hunted.

36a is not good for late November hunt. You are the 7th hunt in the unit. Had the hunt last year and it sucked. Deer numbers overall were down. I saw as many deer in 5 days last year as I once saw in a day. 3 bucks total.

I have hunted the 36s for years it has had too much pressure with the new hunt dates. You have a jr hunt, first whitetail, first mule deer, second whitetail, second mule deer, third whitetail, jr hunt #2 and finally December. Game and Fish have worn that unit out.

MRL 1984,

Thanks for the advice. Will keep it in mind for the future. We usually only hunt 33 and are trying to find some new units to hunt around Tucson, so thought we'd give it a shot.

36a is not good for late November hunt. You are the 7th hunt in the unit. Had the hunt last year and it sucked. Deer numbers overall were down. I saw as many deer in 5 days last year as I once saw in a day. 3 bucks total.

I have hunted the 36s for years it has had too much pressure with the new hunt dates. You have a jr hunt, first whitetail, first mule deer, second whitetail, second mule deer, third whitetail, jr hunt #2 and finally December. Game and Fish have worn that unit out.

Wow you just Debbie Dowwnered, me I drew a late Dec tag and was pretty excited, but now with all the negative vibes it is making me re think my choice. Maybe I will fish instead :( Na I guess I will just have to work harder