Sign in to follow this  
SpeedGoat

Congrats to Comm1 on his Desert Sheep Tag

After 46 years of applying for a Desert Sheep Tag Comm1 is gonna hunt this year. He has suffered through max point since its inception. Buen asuerte Casa De Lena.

• Like 1

Congratulations on him finally getting a tag. Just doesn't seem fair to have to wait that long. I hope he has a great hunt. :)

TJ

Thanks to all of you I am so excited!!!have been going into the unit starting back in June in anticipation of being drawn!! It has been a long time to wait to be drawn but now comes the fun part of all the planning,scouting and the whole experience that we all love so much!!

• Like 4

Robbie,

2 thumbs up --- pulling for you!!!

Tom

Congrats smoke a big one

The good one. We don't need to mess around with simantics here David. One that has some dang nice big beautiful rams that Mr. Casa De Lena will (God willing) be able to choose from. Oh and If (God is willing) I will make sure of it. :D . Before the draw results I had about 4,000 pics from trail cams in this heavenly unit. But they were all small. I don't think I would have put in for 36C for desert sheep but he is one of my great friends and I will be there for him from begining to end. :P How does that sound Comm 1

• Like 1

Sounds good to me Matt as you know I am so excited I can't wait!! We know what we are looking for now we will find him and bring him home!! We are going to have a bunch of good people helping!! I look out my gym window while on the treadmill and see the Mohawks where Ronnie killed his ram and get so excited!! I am putting backpack on while on treadmill with 35 pounds in it to get cardio going so we can get up and down the mountain!!

• Like 3

Matt with the team of good guys that are going to help us we will have the area covered very well. With your buddies from Coueswhitetail and the local guys from our valley we are looking good! I am blessed to have such a good crew coming to help make a once Ina lifetime hunt a great success!!

• Like 1

Did you hear that Chef, Ernesto, TomGobbler(You better kill that old mans bull opening day because by Saturday evening you will be headed to The sheep camp),Clay(if you can slip away for a couple Days) and Eric Smith. Now that I think about it that is a terrible bunch of help but they are all great friends and can't wait to sheep hunt with you all again. Last hunt was a blast but this hunt will have a lot of scouting help. I think I am more excited than comm 1. I was kidding about the terrible part I meant to say slightly below average. JK you know you guys would be the ones right beside me if it was my hunt. Except for Chef he will have to leave a couple hours early during the evening hunts to be the best camp cook and probably one of the only camp cooks to go to that world famous culinary school, which I won't even try to spell the name of.

Of course I can't say anything with out mentioning the home town help that has spent many, many hours in the unit and will spend many more the next 4 months for Mr. Woodhouse. You couldn't have any better people than he is going to have on his hunt that I know personally. Of course there are sheep hunters and guides that I admire and look up too that have forgotten more about sheep than anyone of us will ever know ourselves. I am just looking forward to another entire sheep hunt with a bunch of good friends. Everyone who has ever been closely involved in a DIY sheep hunt and even some guided sheep hunts know the hunt really starts the day the tag holder finds out the good news and ends with the group picture with all who helped along the way with a beautiful ram as the center piece (and of course the night after the ram has been taken care of). Can't wait, God willing, this one is going to be a fun adventure.