Hey does any one know about hunting powers garden in southern AZ? I'm trying to figure things out if anyone knows anything about it would help!!! Thank You and Hunt Hard GBB Nation!!!

Guest akaspecials

Don't try to take a shortcut to the trail head on the roads coming in. Coming from the Globe we thought we could drop of the 70 at Peridot and make it to the trail head faster than going all the way around. Long story short, we were wrong. Our truck broke 20 miles in on shitty reservation roads and we had to hike out. No cell phone service until about ten miles into the hike so we could have someone come tow us out. Never made it to Power's Garden that weekend...

Yeah I'd take the rattlesnake Mesa Rd (fr96) it's a couple miles before klondyke. Take it all the way to the end where the trailhead starts. It can be a very dangerous road depending on the weather, even last year when I went up it dry it was rather sketchy in places (big drop offs on both sides of the road in some spots). Make sure to take a 4x4, and not just any 4x4 take one that can mob, 1 to 2 foot shelves, tight articulated turns, and big washouts towards the end of the 96, if not you'll have plenty hiking to do before you even get to the trailhead.

/>ya goodluck, take your SPOT!

+1 or a satellite phone. The closest cell reception is 30 minutes from the base of the fr96 back towards safford.

It is a fun hike to Powers Garden from the Rattlesnake Mesa Rd. As has been stated the drive in is exciting. If you are looking for deer, you actually drive through better deer country on the way in than you will encounter in the interior of the Galiuros. Hope you have a fun hunt!

I think evryone covered it my dad has been hunting that area for almost 30 years on and off and yes the roads suck with little maintenance over the past 10 years so the drive can be exciting. As was stated up on top is tough a the canyons gt deep so the better glassing and terrain will be half way in on the road although the views on top are pretty awesome.