Sign in to follow this  
ajohunter

December desert muzzy hunt. #1179

A good friend of mine from Yuma has it. I'm hoping I get to tag along for a day or so

I'm one of the lucky few that have had this tag twice in the last four years. I never did find one that was really huge, but did take a deer on the last day of each hunt so I could have some meat. I think most of the big boys are still hanging together with other bucks during the hunt, since the rut doesn't get going until January. I did see a few younger bucks starting to chase does later in the month. If you plan to hunt any agriculture areas, keep a lion tag in your pocket, and make sure you are not on private property. I have seen more lions in late November and December than any other month out there. There are also some good trick tanks way out in the desert where you might find some bucks. David

The first week I'm going to look for a coues buck and after that im going to look for a wide 4x4 mule deer we have watched for the last few years. It's going to be nice to sleep in my own bed every night during the hunt.

I have seen trailcam pics of coues in some of the units this hunt covers that would mess with your mind :)

Yes. It would be awesome to take a coues buck on this hunt. I have seen some with my own eyes that would make you wonder!

Shhhh.... you're going to make it even HARDER to draw this tag! ; )

I'll leave the coues to you guys. I am a die hard desert muley hunter. But I'm telling you, I have seen pics of those little deer that look like eastern whitetail in this hunt #.

• Like 1