well i just moved out for the second time out of my parents house...and for the last time. Depending if i can get a 2nd job i might not be able to go on my hunt...i have an archery bull elk tag in 23...in november...i might have to cross this one out now...im left with no vehicle, no license, and and an ill heart. i was thinking about donating the tag somewhere..if i can...but then maybe i will just hold on to it... :) i already have two weeks scheduled off for the hunt...but i dont think i can afford going two weeks without pay...so i am in a tough situation...i might just not be able to go hunting....but sometimes you just have to make sacrifices...im learning that the hard way....i guess its a good thing :) ...i always have hope....maybe just maybe things will turn out for the good

well i just moved out for the second time out of my parents house...and for the last time.

This is probably a good thing depending on your age.....you seem seasoned....so....it's a good thing

i might have to cross this one out now...im left with no vehicle, no license, and and an ill heart. i

Again, depending on your age, some people don't have vehicles or licenses.....don't worry about keeping up with the Jone's. Lots of us can't afford to keep up with the Jones.....I drive a 1978 VW Rabbit.

Now if you don't have license because you've been drinking and driving or something along those lines.....GOOD! YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON THE ROAD. If you don't have a license because you drank and drove......well GOOD AND YOU DON'T DESERVE TO HUNT AS A PENALTY FOR YOUR STUPIDITY. :angry: :angry:

Now the whole second half of my reply might come across as harsh but I have ZERO TOLERANCE for people drink and drive :angry: NO DRUNK DESERVES TO RUIN SOMEONE ELSES LIFE AND FUTURE!!!!

If on the first half applies.....I hope someone here on the boards can help you out.....I would, but the last remaining week and a half of vaction I have left will be spent for my deer hunt and with my family over Christmas.

Best of luck to you

Seriously coues7,negativity in your opinions,probably not necessary at this time in the guys life.Have a heart,say a prayer and keep your negativity to yourself.I know I don't get on here to read crap like that.

out2hunt,

I'm not trying to be negative.....re-read my post. If he didn't loose his license from drinking and driving....well I hope someone can help him....he deserves to be able to hunt.

On the other hand if he did loose his license from drinking and driving.....well then I could care less if he gets to hunt.....these are just cold hard facts.

HAVE YOU HAD A FAMILY MEMBER KILLED BY A DRUNK DRIVER? IF NOT YOU OUGHTA THINK ABOUT HOW YOU WOULD FEEL THAT SOMEONE INNOCENT DIED FROM SOME DUMB A$$.

I'm not being negative!

Jamaro....the VW Rabbit actually cost $5K.....it's only got 53K on it. What a classic....get's 45MPG!

coues7, no i did not lose my license, i actually never had my license....i moved back in with my parents so i could save money for a truck, but it backfired, me n my parents had to much conflict...they felt i was disrespecting them, and i felt they were disrespecting me.... :) ...go figure. Im 17 and so close to 18, i turn 18 in january....and believe it or not my parents let me move out...i was looking to get emancipated but im just so close to 18....its a good thing i moved out cuz, my parents and I have a better relationship, when we are not neck to neck each day...its for the best. :D im just gonna hope and pray things will work out....this would be my 2nd elk hunt that i would miss....im not asking for any sympathy at all!...i just want it to be a lesson, that sometimes you gotta make sacrifices...for me this would be a big sacrifice :)...ya my cousin died 3 years ago...in an accident, but it was only a one car accident...thank god...him and his friend were driving home from a bar...the driver was speeding lost control, and they hit a berm, and ramped up in the air...and were found the next day...they said they did not die instantly, and that they were probably conscious, but it was too late when someone found them...i just hope my cousin is in the high place...i hope he had time time make things right with god :)

coues7, no i did not lose my license, i actually never had my license....i moved back in with my parents so i could save money for a truck, but it backfired, me n my parents had to much conflict...they felt i was disrespecting them, and i felt they were disrespecting me.... :) ...go figure. Im 17 and so close to 18, i turn 18 in january....and believe it or not my parents let me move out...i was looking to get emancipated but im just so close to 18....its a good thing i moved out cuz, my parents and I have a better relationship, when we are not neck to neck each day...its for the best. :D im just gonna hope and pray things will work out....this would be my 2nd elk hunt that i would miss....im not asking for any sympathy at all!...i just want it to be a lesson, that sometimes you gotta make sacrifices...for me this would be a big sacrifice :)

downthebarrel17.....MAN I HOPE SOMEONE HERE CAN HELP YOU OUT!!!! SERIOUSLY! Just because you were living with your parents (at age 17) doesn't mean you don't deserve an elk hunt.....drivers license or not!

What I said about loosing a license to drunk driving may have come across as harsh (it was) but I'm glad the assumption isn't TRUE.

I feel sympathy for you whether your asking for it or not! You have a 23 elk tag. I don't think it would take you a week to kill an elk. If you could find someone to go up for just a day you'd probably get one and be able to come back and work! I hope it all works out man!!! I have some friends up in Payson who might be able to help you. It sounds like you know a few people here on the boards, I hope someone will come through.

Not to preach but seriously consider this... you moved out and now must work. You will probably never find the time to continue an education when you must support yourself. If at all possible work it out with the folks to move back home and get an education. Your talking about the rest of your life... can't you live by their rules for just 4 years! Dude... your not even 18 yet!!

I'm off my soapbox now.

I wish I could help you out on this hunt, not only to help you with your hunt but to spend a little time talking about life in general. Sounds like your a teenager who has come to some obticles in life and need some advice on direction. Thus far you seem to have been blessed, sounds like you have parents who you share the passion of hunting and the outdoors with many of us and most of all have been lucky to draw an Elk tag. Don't go down the wrong road and screw yourself out of any of these gift in life just because something didn't go your way. If you do things the right way in life and make sacrifices when you need to and make the right choices, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy hunting and the outdoors. Good luck and hang in there.

I meant to say parents who care..

Hey guy, it's tuff when your backed up against the wall,I remember those days well. I'd sure like to help you out,It'll be tough because four members have a 24a whitetail tag that same time.I'll keep in touch because I know something will work out.Good luck with the rest of your troubles,my kids and I will keep you in our nightly prayers. :)

thnx all....just to let u know...im still in school i just do it online...so no biggy with the education...its working out fine...i have a big plan for college and becoming a game warden...i will graduate with a high school degree...actually earlier then all my friends...everything is workin out perfect....so dont think im not going to schooll i am....sooner then later i will have a really good paying job....i might be able to go for a day or to...my brother is gonna try to take me up...and my uncle said he might...so i dunno...i will see how it all turns out...im just saying that not going on this hunt would be a big blow to me...but sometimes you gotta do what u gotta do.... :) ...and i have accpeted that even though it is really hard to do

I wish I could help you out on this hunt, not only to help you with your hunt but to spend a little time talking about life in general. Sounds like your a teenager who has come to some obticles in life and need some advice on direction. Thus far you seem to have been blessed, sounds like you have parents who you share the passion of hunting and the outdoors with many of us and most of all have been lucky to draw an Elk tag. Don't go down the wrong road and screw yourself out of any of these gift in life just because something didn't go your way. If you do things the right way in life and make sacrifices when you need to and make the right choices, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy hunting and the outdoors. Good luck and hang in there.

I meant to say parents who care..

I think u guys are getting a little confused....yeah i have some big decisions to make...but i got it all taken care of...options is a very important word to me...i always have backup...but im motivated by dreams and goals...i know exactly where im headed in life

Not to preach but seriously consider this... you moved out and now must work. You will probably never find the time to continue an education when you must support yourself. If at all possible work it out with the folks to move back home and get an education. Your talking about the rest of your life... can't you live by their rules for just 4 years! Dude... your not even 18 yet!!

I'm off my soapbox now.

i already explained it i think...but i totally agree with u...i cant change anything really...i made the choice and got to live with it...im not saying it is a bad thing...but alls i can do is move forward

Hey if u work today or Sunday come over to ACE and talk to me i might beable to help ya out a bit or at least think of something i cant tell u how many hunts i had to miss due to life outside the field and it sucks but you are SOOO young you will get many many more chances to be out there

haha...it looks like im going hunting for at least four days....im super excited...thanks to my brother...i just have a tight budget the next month or so....but its well worth it... :D....im going to work my a$$ off for this one...i want it bad!....plus if i arrow one...that means it will save me money in the long run...i wont have to buy meat for awhile....i can only thank jesus for giving me the opportunity :)