trphyhntr

Got a new Hoyt but..

14xi63p.jpg
2vxj79x.jpg

i picked up this hoyt charger yesterday. it looks like this, is this normal? idk if it had to be retapped or something, there is a lot burrs and the finish is flaked off. i wasnt that happy really since it was supposed to be new but idk i dont buy a new bow often. so i asked on archery talk and they all said that aint right i should send it back to hoyt. so i went to Bear Mountain Archery where i bought it and asked what was up with the marks. he said it was cosmetic, and "refused" to do anything about it. its a brand new bow and i dont expect it to have cosmetic flaws. you wouldnt buy a new car with a ding in it. maybe he is right but when compared to other black riser bows, it was not even close. I asked why they couldnt send it back to Hoyt for one without the blemish's, the guy behind the counter proceeds go irate on me, belittles me , using the F word and all that. tells me to get out of the store. he tells someone to refund my money, which i wasnt even asking for at the time. then after that they refused to give me money back. worst experience ever, i was told their customer service sucked and not to go there but a friend likes it there and its close to my work so i figured it would be alright. there were other people in the store so im sure someone else will post ITT. im no expert on this stuff and i know its a hunting bow and its going to be used, but why buy a new one then i should just buy a used one. maybe this normal Hoyt quality, idk. i intend to call their customer service and find out. if thats the case im dissappointed for a $500 bow. even if im in the wrong (you tell me) you cant act this way in a business to a customer. epic tale i know but i had to tell someone.

I have shot Hoyt for 20 years...not right and not a Hoyt issue!!!! Bear mountain issue...seems like a returned bow to me!

I bought the Hoyt charger in dec. it doesn't look like that. I think I would take it back and ask for the money back. If the guy refuses make the bow a permanent part of his bodie. You should not be treated that way. Good luck

Well I'm in need of getting a bow restrung and a buddy, actually a couple of buddies are looking to get into bow hunting with me during the OTC season. We all work in the customer service industry and I am sure we will not be going to Bear Mountain based on this story. If buying bow out here is anything like it is in Illinois this guy just lost a lifetime worth of bow sales from a number of people. Every bow that my family purchased back in Illinois was from the same shop GAT Guns.

I would attempt to take it back one more time. Only I would bring any correspondence that you have with Hoyt. Odds are this guy is trying to pass off a returned bow and I'm sure that Hoyt is not going to be thrilled with that.

If you paid with a card see if you can stop payment still.

Bear Mountain is the worse place have your bow worked on or to buy!! Go to Broken Arrow and talk with Robert..... You may have to call Hoyt and resolve this yourself, because Bear Mountain doesn't stand behind their products! Too bad Recks doesn't work there anymore he always took care of the bow guys!

Well I'm in need of getting a bow restrung and a buddy, actually a couple of buddies are looking to get into bow hunting with me during the OTC season. We all work in the customer service industry and I am sure we will not be going to Bear Mountain based on this story. If buying bow out here is anything like it is in Illinois this guy just lost a lifetime worth of bow sales from a number of people. Every bow that my family purchased back in Illinois was from the same shop GAT Guns.

I would attempt to take it back one more time. Only I would bring any correspondence that you have with Hoyt. Odds are this guy is trying to pass off a returned bow and I'm sure that Hoyt is not going to be thrilled with that.

If you paid with a card see if you can stop payment still.

i dont go out of my way to start crap, i work in customer service also. i wasnt even complaining, i was just asking basic questions. i have never been treated like this in my LIFE. idk if this guys mom just died or what, he was a lunatic. if you need work for your bow, go to archery headquarters, bass pro, anyone but these guys.

Did you talk to the owner of bearmountain?

yes i belive so, he looked at the bow and it appeared that he didnt think it looked right, and that he would call hoyt. which is essentially all i was asking for at the beginning before tough guy started telling me what kind of person i was and to get out of the store. im telling you it was unbelievable. no apology from the owner, just said "he's having a bad day." it was pathetic. i cant believe this place is business. guess thats what i get for shopping local and not going to the big box stores. never again.

Bear mountain sucks and their archery department is the worst part of it. I shopped their my entire life until 2011. I went in looking to test drive some new bows, the guy in the archery department acted like I was an idiot and belittled my bro in law who was with me. I never stepped foot back in the shop. I should have expected as much from a place that can't even keep their inventory organized and shop clean. Call Hoyt direct, they will take care of you.

Bear mountain sucks and their archery department is the worst part of it. I shopped their my entire life until 2011. I went in looking to test drive some new bows, the guy in the archery department acted like I was an idiot and belittled my bro in law who was with me. I never stepped foot back in the shop. I should have expected as much from a place that can't even keep their inventory organized and shop clean. Call Hoyt direct, they will take care of you.

i was thinking the same thing after looking at the shop, and i had heard stories like youre saying. i guess im a glutton for punishment. i'll be calling hoyt monday for sure to let them know who they have representing them.

I had my bow restrung there once, 4 WEEKS AND 10 CALLS LATER, I went there to just pick it up and tell them to F-off. It was done, MIRACULOUSLY, but the peep sight and the kisser button weren't set for me. And I think a toddler could've done a better job at splicing. I took it right to Christain at Bass pro and, after he laughed at what they did, fixed everything for me in an hour. Talk to Hoyt and get it replaced, then take it to Bass pro. Oh, and never step foot in that place again.

update: i talked to ed who i believe is the owner and he was cool and gave me a refund of my money.

I had my bow restrung there once, 4 WEEKS AND 10 CALLS LATER, I went there to just pick it up and tell them to F-off. It was done, MIRACULOUSLY, but the peep sight and the kisser button weren't set for me. And I think a toddler could've done a better job at splicing. I took it right to Christain at Bass pro and, after he laughed at what they did, fixed everything for me in an hour. Talk to Hoyt and get it replaced, then take it to Bass pro. Oh, and never step foot in that place again.

see this is the problem. people say to shop local, so i do and this is what happens. should have just gone to BPS or Cabelas I guess.

I have been going to bear mountain ever sense I have been hunting archery and never had a bad experience !! I visit them once a year for arrows, strings, ex and never have had any issues. Sounds uncharacteristic of that shop..