Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

whats the best flashlight to carry in your pack

The small one in my pack is only a spare so I don't worry about it being fancy. The important one is the headlight that stays around my neck the whole time when in the field. It can come in handy if you get separated from your pack. I'm still walking today and got myself out of a pretty serious jam thanks to this practice.

Surefire led with extra bulbs and battery's that's the only problem I have found is the battery's don't last too long

I have two different types of sure fires, my first one ate threw batteries although it was very bright I hated it. But the second one was even brighter because it had some type of flash looking bulb in it, and the batteries last forever! Same exact flashlight too.

I have two Fenix lights. One takes 2 CR123 camera batteries. It is bright and lasts forever. The second is a mini that takes one AAA. It is kinda more like a back up, but it still casts one heck of a beam for a tiny little light. I highly recommend Fenix lights.

I also use a Petzl head lamp. It is my go to light for sure but is nowhere near as bright as my Fenix. Can't beat hands free though. Maybe try the best of both worlds, a Fenix headlamp.

One that goes on your head!! I have been using the cheap princeton tec fuel head lamp for over a year now and i have no complaints!! Camo fire has them for like 15$. I use it for hunting and all summer long when we shoot fish at night. The battery life is great! 3 AAA's

• Like 1

I try to go as light as possible, every ounce counts. I use a cateyes hat with three led bulbs in the brim. Its always with me and readily available. I then carry a mini mag in my pack as a back up. All this for under $25.

I'm not a fan of buying those expensive CR123's after it accidentally turns on in my pack. I carry three or four lights- two of them being small Princeton Tec models that take AA's. The other one is an Energizer headlamp that I found in my duckblind in Texas hanging from my gun hook- somebody (lazy S.O.B. that was using my blind) left it on overnight and the sucker was still lit up when I got back to my blind. It has two white LED's, a bigger bulb and a red LED. I love that thing and I take it on every trip!

+1 on the Fenix. The light that I alway's end up using is a cheap headlamp, I have lots of them around and it's nice to have your hands free. If space and weight are a factor then I would forgo the high quality light for a headlamp.

Regardless of brand the outpout depends on the LED they are using. Almost every manufacturer uses either Cree or LumiLED's, most are Cree. The mfg can have different designs on how light is thrown or focused and some have much better battery mgmt. I like most of the ones mentioned and have a few but I tend to use my Fuel headlight or the cheap energizer ones that come in bright colors which keep me from losing the thing.

So i decided to by the rigid halo 800. I went with that one after a few law enforcent officers told me they used and loved them. They r very light. I also carry a energizer headlamp also was just looking for something more powerful.

Check out solarforce flashlights... I will never buy another brand. Used to use Surefire. These use rechargeable 18650 batteries so you never need to buy batteries again. They have great runtimes and amazing output. You can change the dropins depending on your needs and you can get flashlight, 2 batteries, charger and case for about 60$ shipped. The dropins they are putting in the lights are 980 lumens

The light I use at work is a stream light stinger, it came with a car charger as well as a 110 charger. It's led and was around $100 when I bought it. It's bright enough for what I do. I take it and an extra battery on every outing.