Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Less than 30 days before Dove Season

Thunder-lightning-rain! Smells like dove season outside this morning!! skeeters are getting excited also! be sure to buy your hip stamp and bugger spray! IM SO EXCITED AND I CAN'T EVEN SHOULDER A SHOTGUN!!! 0_o

You and me both hoghntr! Heck, I had to take my shotgun out and shoulder it a few times just to get it outta my system! Migratory bird stamp, shotgun shells, and the 98.7% DEET spray are all bought, now it's just the hurry up and wait period...

/> IM SO EXCITED AND I CAN'T EVEN SHOULDER A SHOTGUN!!! 0_o

You can shoot them from the hip... True story :)

/>

IM SO EXCITED AND I CAN'T EVEN SHOULDER A SHOTGUN!!! 0_o

You can shoot them from the hip... True story :)

Every year!

Can't wait for opening morning myself. Here's a picture of my Dad, Lexie, and myself last year.

post-1903-0-36643900-1377447598_thumb.jpg

post-1903-0-88455600-1377448689_thumb.jpg

Had to boot up Lexie after she rubbed her paws raw from retrieving birds. I have been walking her for the past 4 weeks on gravel road so hopefully I will have her paws in better shape.

TJ

TJ,

That's a Sweet old school A5 humpback your shooting.

Thanks Bill, it belonged to my grandpa. The pictured one is a 12 and I have another in a 16ga.

Hope you like shooting your new 410 this year.

TJ

Lots of rain here along the River, temps down in low 70's, I suspect the valley doves have skeedaddled south.

MY

ARGENTINA

Has been

C-L-O-S-E-D. :~(

Good thing i bothered to look at new closures.. oh i mean regs.. seems like now days each time i open regs i just read all the stuff i can no longer do.

I had a bird dog last year! at 4.5 yrs old he has been asking me for 2 weeks to go hunt dove.. just doesn't understand seasons..

Before you say anything yes a few of those birds belong to the bird dogs mama..

TJ,

That's a Sweet old school A5 humpback your shooting.

I second that! Those ol' Brownings are just so incredibly classic!

My brother had one before it got "retired". He loved that ole humpy...

This rain is not helping!! I've scouted a bunch of new spots. It's not looking great, but should still be fun!

Adam

This storm is going to mess up dove hunting for alot areas, unless you got a honey hole, its gonna be tough...Sucks

I'll probably be burning diesel on Saturday looking for birds to hunt on opening day as the cattle company shut the area down we used to hunt, looks like a road will be cut through it.

Anyone been out to Paloma? Used to be great but not so much anymore since the place change ownership and the feedlot went in south of Water Melon Rd.

This storm is going to mess up dove hunting for alot areas, unless you got a honey hole, its gonna be tough...Sucks

If they fly south they're running into that tropical storm out in the gulf that's gonna cut them off in Mexico.