Sign in to follow this  
backwoodsjeeper

Unit 39 az cat

So I live near unit 39 know the unit pretty well can spot out nice bucks and heards or sheep, for the past month or so I've been tracking Down a Tom and finally found him! This guy is decent size I have pictures of two does that run by the cam and about 30 minutes later the car is hot on their trail

post-11161-0-36913300-1375936894_thumb.jpg

post-11161-0-07193000-1375936923_thumb.jpg

post-11161-0-86774000-1375936981_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the find, hopefully you can catch up to him. Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site and good luck on killing that tasty deer slayer.

Hey Guys thanks I appreciate it! Hope to have this guy bagged soon

That first pics he looks spotted?!?!?

I thought the same thing! I have a picture that I will upload later today that only shows his back half of the body ( hind legs and tail) and they seem spotted to me as well not sure tho!

Im leaning more on the mountain lion due to the fact of the size of the tracks and I have a few other photos where you can see his tail

That is one heck of an offer right there. That doesn't come around every day.

• Like 1

I have shot 2 lions in 39 just five days apart. I had a really big one I chased for 6 weekends last year. I got close one night, but couldn't close the deal. He was shot five days later about 1.5 miles from where I lost him. The picture you posted looks a lot like a bobcat. They can get pretty big down there due to all the rabbits and javelina. Even the way he is walking looks like a bobcat. I have included some pics of a big track of the cat that was shot, plus a trail cam pic of a female I was trying to kill. Plus a pic of the young lady that shot the 130 lb cat. Treum, I will shoot you a private message to get your contact info. I am looking for somebody that can help me track down some cats. David

post-561-0-71522600-1376058344_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-21636300-1376058392_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-75133600-1376058449_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-77785400-1376058474_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-50605700-1376058545_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I live near unit 39 and have a good pack of dogs let me know if you need some help catching that cat no charge just enjoy running em

Ill pm you we should meet up i have more pictures and a pretty solid area on where we can find him! it would be a cool hunt

I have shot 2 lions in 39 just five days apart. I had a really big one I chased for 6 weekends last year. I got close one night, but couldn't close the deal. He was shot five days later about 1.5 miles from where I lost him. The picture you posted looks a lot like a bobcat. They can get pretty big down there due to all the rabbits and javelina. Even the way he is walking looks like a bobcat. I have included some pics of a big track of the cat that was shot, plus a trail cam pic of a female I was trying to kill. Plus a pic of the young lady that shot the 130 lb cat. Treum, I will shoot you a private message to get your contact info. I am looking for somebody that can help me track down some cats. David

those are awsome cats! where about did you find them?