Sign in to follow this  
CruiseforCoues

Camera Theft

I lost one this weekend. Brand new camera I put up two weeks ago and its gone..........

That sucks! Now Im worried about my buddies....

That's sucks! Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago in 6b. I forgot one of the locks to lock up the front cover. Get there 3 weeks later and the sd card was gone but he was nice enough to close the cover and latch it. Scum bags!!!!

I have never gotten any stolen in 33 fortunately, but those were in places that are long walks in. Plenty have been bashed and messed with in 35 though.

If the person just took the card but left it turned on there is a chance that their picture is on the cameras memory. My Wildview stores pictures in it's memory also until the batteries run dead or are removed. If the batteries are still good and haven't been removed plug the camera into your computer via a USB cable and see whats in it's memory. Not sure if thats true though if it had a card in it and it was removed. I never tried to remove a card and plug it into a computer to see if the pics are also in the cams memory.

I had a card stolen a few years ago and the guy was smart enough to also pop the batteries out to clear the cams memory.

As it has been said many times before, it still rings true, if you are putting your cam on a water source, the likelihood of it being stolen eventually are very high. Hike a few miles into the middle of the wilderness and hide it, then you're pretty safe. It really is pretty simple, and pretty sad.

I have come across cameras,quads- side by sides, camps, tree stands, etc. in my travels while out and about that were unattended and have left them alone. It is hard to understand why any individual would think that helping themselves to anything not belonging to them is acceptable. Unfortunately it is what it is--No Respect or Integrity. Just a reflection of the person and the life that they live . What goes around comes around in it's own way. The better folks still out number the sad few that choose that way of life. Best of luck to all the tag holders this hunting season.

Brother, There are some very unethical people out these days. It is well worth the extra few bucks to buy the metal security boxes for your cam. This allows you to bold the cam directly into the tree. If they want it, they will have to cut down the tree.

• Like 1

Brother, There are some very unethical people out these days. It is well worth the extra few bucks to buy the metal security boxes for your cam. This allows you to bold the cam directly into the tree. If they want it, they will have to cut down the tree.

+1... If u don't want them stolen. However security boxes won't prevent people from breaking and ruining a camera. Went to check one of mine last weekend only to discover that the lenses had been smashed out. Little do these scumbags know that my camera still took pictures of them. They broke the outer weatherproof shell but not the internal camera itself. It was ruined several days later though because water from rain was able to get inside the camera. Looking forward to the day I see them out there!

For anyone that thinks a metal box will prevent camera theft, think again.

Trust me I know . Some guys build much heavier duty boxes which I'm sure helps.

But like its been said 1000 times on this site, if someone wants it they are gonna get it.

AzP&Y

post-898-0-43387800-1376573253_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yup, if they want it that bad they will take it but to do so they will have to hike back out a few miles and go get a tree climber to get mine. Its 15 feet off the ground, in a heavy metal box I built myself and chained with a lock. Im gonna make them work for it! :P

FYI, having picture from over the top are awesome too. Also most people poking around through the woods don't look up! Just us tree stand hunters.

post-8760-0-82050100-1376583165.jpg

post-8760-0-15415000-1376583190.jpg

post-8760-0-68119200-1376583227_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

nothing ticks off a nfs guy more than finding a camera that's mounted/secured/ screwed into a live tree'

NFS is giving fair warning - they are takin everything they find - stands - blinds- cameras - spoiling salt lick areas etc. forget he 72 hr crap they don't care and nobody can prove squat .

just remember - it isn't necessarily hunters doing this to other hunters.

there are just as many freaks- geeks- tree huggers- hikers etc that don't think twice about messin / takin / destroying anything left by a hunter, most thrive on the opportunity.

+1 ^^^^ That's what is really needed!

one of these days the thief will get caught by the wrong guy and the 51% obama lovers will cry about it and possibly some others will too, but the rest of us will just say that's what they get for taking someone else's property!

the NFS can ___ __ ___

James

• Like 1