Well my buddy Andrew has been asking me to take him bear hunting for a few years now. This year we finally put a plan together and agreed to start Andrew's quest on Monday, August 12th. I met Andrew in Globe around 1pm and we headed out to. An afternoon storm showed up and it helped drop the temperature. We were on the hill glassing by 4pm and thirty minutes later I spotted a great bear. We put together a plan of attack and we were off. Approximately an hour and a half later Andrew was settling in for the 275 yard shot at a great AZ bear. Andrew made a perfect shot and the bear toubled down the hill and expired. By this time it was 6pm. We got to the bear and it was huge. The bear was lying on its side and the chest was so big the bear looked like he was bloated because his legs were sticking straight out. We took a few photos and began caring for the beast. By the time we had him ready to be packed out it was well after dark. The darkness turned out to be a very difficult factor in our pack out because we could not find the right path through the thickness. After bushwacking for a few hours we were both spent. We decide to sleep out there for a few hours which we did. We consolidated the load and decided we would have to come back for a scond load in the morning. We finally made it out at 215am. We managed to get an 1.5 hours of sleep before we headed back in for the last load.

The memory of this hunt will never be forgotten. We had a true adventure and we worked hard to kill a great bear. As I sit here typing this I can feel the burn in my legs and I can't help but smile. This is why I hunt.!!!!!

The video was through my iphone attached to my 12 power swarovski's. Sorry for the ackward angle but I could not find a way to rotate it.

Enjoy

Brian

post-3635-0-41450300-1376451751_thumb.jpg

Andrews bear video harvest.MOV

• Like 2

Very nice! Glad someone got it figured out this year!

That is an AWESOME BEAR!!!!! A HUGE congrats to both of you. Great Job!

Adam

Wow great bear and what an adventure you guys had.

Love the chocolate back. Would make a beautiful rug! Just now watched the video. Did you end up putting a second round into him, or did he perish after the one shot?

That's a big bruin !

Bushwacken in the dark with a heavy load on your back is a be och !

Congratulations to you guys . on a well earned bear.

Awesome job guys!! Getting me pumped for bear hunting. My unit doesn't open until the 23rd!!

• Like 1