Sign in to follow this  
chopshop

Remington 03A3 30-06 $350

Cleaning out the the safe!

Remington 03A3 30-06 with weaver mounts, rings and 3x9x32 hi-scope. This rifle has been sportorized and the rear sight has been taken off to make room for the scope. I think $350 is a fair price.

post-11183-0-57589300-1376767263_thumb.jpg

post-11183-0-05268800-1376767346_thumb.jpg

post-11183-0-30012700-1376767405_thumb.jpg

Up for any trades ?

Possibly, pm with what you have in mind. Thanks.

If I didnt already have one similar :) I think its a lot more fun to hunt with a nostalgic peice like this than some new fangled plastic rifle IMHO.

• Like 1

Where are you located? Flo-town = Florence?

I'm located in Florence, sorry about the confusion.

What is that flaming eyeball looking stamp? I have a rifle with that stamp, and I haven't figured it out yet.

They call it the "flaming bomb" I think it was used by Remington to identify weapons that are made to military specs. If anyone else knows a little more on the flaming bomb, please feel free to chime in.

• Like 1

* SOLD *

What is that flaming eyeball looking stamp? I have a rifle with that stamp, and I haven't figured it out yet.

They call it the "flaming bomb" I think it was used by Remington to identify weapons that are made to military specs. If anyone else knows a little more on the flaming bomb, please feel free to chime in.

Interesting, the rifle I have is a Savage though. The guy I bought it from said it was an old Marine Corps rifle.

Chopshop, if sale falls thru, let me know.

Back up for sale..... The previous buyer fell through and I was just planning on keeping it, but after two hunts this fall and not using this rifle, it's back on the market. $350 obo. I'm located in Florence/San Tan Valley.

FYI, the flaming bomb is the symbol of the US Army Ordnance Corps. Also, the rifle was reworked in 1943 as told by the 12-43 stamp which doesn't really mean anything bad- just that it was serviced and made ready for WW2 after being mothballed when it returned from service in WW1.

FYI, the flaming bomb is the symbol of the US Army Ordnance Corps. Also, the rifle was reworked in 1943 as told by the 12-43 stamp which doesn't really mean anything bad- just that it was serviced and made ready for WW2 after being mothballed when it returned from service in WW1.

Actually, its a Remington Arms 1903A3. Remington didn't start making 1903s until WWII (Sept 1941) and they were all the A3 line by 1942. The 12-43 stamp on the barrel means the barrel was manufactured in December 1943. The only way to really know what year the receiver was made (and by who) is to look at the SN and manufacturing stamp (I wouldn't post a pic of it). Remington SNs start at 3,000,000. If you PM me the SN, I can tell you what year the receiver is (I have a book for 1903s). Based on the receiver's lack of holes tapped for a peep sight (common on WWI-era through 1930s), it appears to be a WWII-era A3, which would have had the M1-Garand style sights. All the 1903A3s had the Garand-style sights to make the sight alignment switch easier for those GIs using Garands.

Sorry for the history lesson hijack. That's a great gun and I wish I had the cash laying around. I want a WWII 1903A3 to go with my Springfield Arms 1918 1903! By far, one of the best rifles ever made! Does that one have 2-groove or 4-groove rifling? I'll talk to my wife, but I won't get my hopes up!

• Like 2

I believe it's has two grooves. I'll pm you later this evening with the sn number. Thanks for the info on it.