Sign in to follow this  
Camofreak

The RUT

just got back from 6a north having spent 6 of 9 days there. We saw very little signs of pre-rut even. It's my 6th archery deer season in this unit and this is the least activity we have seen or heard as of Labor Day weekend in these last 6 years. I always love hearing the bugling this time of year and was a tad disappointed I heard none and my husband "thinks he heard one." Just not much going on.

just got back from 6a north having spent 6 of 9 days there. We saw very little signs of pre-rut even. It's my 6th archery deer season in this unit and this is the least activity we have seen or heard as of Labor Day weekend in these last 6 years. I always love hearing the bugling this time of year and was a tad disappointed I heard none and my husband "thinks he heard one." Just not much going on.

move,to a new area

I turned some friends on to a couple areas in 6a,and they have been hearing bugles for the last 3 weekends.all this rain has them all spread out.I am guessing you are scouting the west side of the unit.Finally found some bugling bulls in my unit, i was getting a little worried this might be a late rut.Watched a bull this morinng with 30 plus cows bugling for over 60 minutes.

Seldom Drawn

• Like 1

/> im in rut right now, just working on getting my harem together. started pissin on myself and putting my nose up girls rears. wait, wut?

No wonder you didnt answer yesterday, I came by and heard the Rucuss and your front yard smelled like a wallow! I beat the tar out of your tree with a stick hoping something would come looking for a fight but to no avail.

haha classic. you shoulda squeezed a hoochie mama ill come running.

Took this pic about one o clock today. Elk were calling until about 11:00

attachicon.gifLarry elk scout 021.jpg

What unit?

+1 very curious to know as well! Hopefully one of the lower rim units!

3b, Went back to see him today and get a picture of his fronts. Some D-bag in a plane harassed them until they left the area. I have pictures of the plane, but the serial number is just a little to blurry. I will get him next time.

Dang everyone forgot all about the bull with his taliwhacker. That photo needs to go in the trail com contest this year.

Bulls were all in the canyons in 23n this weekend. Lot of water this year wish I had a tag.

• Like 1

Kinda weird herd this evening. I followed bugles hoping to get a couple of pics and then I got a little to close and stuck in the middle of a field.

post-4480-0-54498700-1378353718_thumb.jpg

After the herd settled

post-4480-0-03052100-1378353909_thumb.jpg

Weird part Fuzzy bull, two full sized bulls, several raghorns and spikes and a ton of cows. The rut could be weird this year.

post-4480-0-96418700-1378354322_thumb.jpg

I went up high over the weekend saw some good bulls that had thick antlers, but the fronts were very short. Went to a lower spot in unit one and found the mother load of elk. Remember when your out there to take bug spray, there very bad. Sorry no pics I finally broke my camera.