Thanks guys. @coues clips it may have been from a shot or from a fight, either way it was a pretty fresh break. We were pretty excited when we got him and didn't even look to see if the broken piece was nearby...

What kind of range are we looking at here? Gald you were able to put him down congrats. Seems risky to me and its just me, I am new to this but I hope I can get close enough to make the first one hit the mark. Alot of chances to wound an animal in that video. My 2 cents aren't worth alot but there they are.

Thank you. The distance was 810 yards...and that was after we lost him over a ridge trying to close the distance...we looked at getting closer than where we were for the second time and it was not possible...we had practiced out past 1100 yards in preparing for this hunt and we felt very confident with taking the shot at 810....the tuff part was reading the wind...we made the wind correction that was needed after the second shot and put the buck down quickly...I hope that every hunter wants the first shot to be the only one...and that is what we strive for.

Good deal, appreciate the feedback. I do some long range shooting and get out to 1800 + but along the same lines shot deveation varies so much with the slightest difference in the field that I just don't trust any kind of comfort I get when things are lining up in practice. I dont shoot enough to really be a judge though and I only hunt with sporter lightweight guns so 200 yrds will be my max for now.