Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Giant Velvet Coues buck!

Well said Gino and Broc!

I recently had the pleasure of spending a day in the woods scouting with Jay and his brother. Class acts all the way! Two awesome guys that share the passion just like all the rest of us.

Congrats again Broc.

Congratulations on the amaxing buck Broc. While my opinion on Mossback remains unchanged because of other experiences, I am happy for you and apologize that my comments may have minimized your accomplishment and success. I greatly respect that you would come on here to share what you did. Many would not. Much success to you on future hunts.

Its a tag that helped wildlife, he hired a guide who feeds his family this way, and killed a world class deer. Why does it have to be anymore, or go any further/deeper then that?

• Like 3

dont know what you guys are complaining about, you all could kill bucks like this every year(maybe not 150" obviously). just make sure everyone in the hunting world is aware that youll pay the most $$$ for finders fees of huge bucks and bulls.

• Like 2

Pretty Sad that some can't be happy for a really great guy who made a very ethical one shot kill on a One in 10 Lifetimes buck, who then gutted and packed the deer all by himself out of the woods... A Wild coues deer (I might add) ... that was being hunted by other hunters on public land...and could have been killed by anyone with enough heart to find him. A Jaw dropping deer that was found by ONE MBAZ guy (One Mortal Man...a man that pulls his pants on one leg at a time) who lives in the woods, and feeds, clothes, and keeps his wife and 2 small children warm by finding the Biggest critters in the woods where ever he shows up... It blows me away that grown men let Jealousy Poison their minds! I have ranted about these auction hunts before... about how wildlife wins when the Best of the Best of each species is taken with the tags. It makes the tags worth more and the wildlife benefits from that... It wasn't your deer or mine... it became Broc's buck the instant the buck's nose hit the dirt. He donated his hard earned cash to AZ's wildlife for a Once in a Life time opportunity and he hunted with guys that made his every dream come true!! How can you find any fault in a perfectly legal, ethical, beneficial, and successful hunt!!??? DAM!!

I guess I have rode the bench long enough and I feel it necessary to enter the game. My name is Broc Brimhall and I am the lucky hunter that was able to kill the unbelievable buck. For you that know me, I am not new to hunting coues deer. I grew up in Arizona and have been very fortunate to kill some great coues deer. My decision to buy this tag was not spurred by a lifelong goal of killing a giant coues. As a matter of fact, I knew it would be very difficult to top my 2009 archery buck even with the auction tag in my pocket. Nope, I bought this tag to contribute in the conservation of these deer that we love and also to create a unique hunting experience that I would be able to enjoy with friends and family.

My decision to hire Team Mossback AZ was a no brainer. Actually, it was Jay Lopeman one of the owners that made the trip to Tuscon to bid on my behalf for the tag. Team Mossback is first class all the way.

I have found it very funny the amount and variety of negative comments in this thread. To all you haters out there let me set the record straight. This buck was killed on public ground and there was no type of Antler King food plots in the vicinity. Mossback didn't raise the deer in a pen. They didn't hand feed it steroids. There was no corral or high fence used to let this deer hit freak nasty stasis. They (one of Mossbacks guides) also found this buck on their own and no other individual or guide operation was involved. Actually if you find out the correct formulation of steroids that will transform other deer into mutants like this then please let me know because I may start raising some in my back yard and turn them into my reindeer for the christmas season.

Coues n Sheep gave the best and most accurate summary and I appreciate his comments. I don't want to turn this post into a complete rant because I feel that most hunters or members that have posted are just like me. They are hard working coues maniacs that love to see all the big bucks that hit the dirt each year. I appreciate all the positive comments that have been shared. This buck is truly a buck of many lifetimes and although I didn't think it was likely to top my previous best coues, I managed to blow it out of the water.

I would like to thank all that were involved and took part in this rodeo of a hunt. Team Mossback you all deserve the credit as it was your hard work that put me in the right place at the right time. Keep on finding those giant animals and I hope to be lucky enough to join you on another adventure soon

Well said both of you. Thank you. Luke works his butt off every year to find big Coues deer, just like a lot of the guides in that part of the state. Jay and Chad run a PROFESSIONAL service, and do an outstanding job for their clients, which is why they keep booking big hunts.

Broc is a standup guy who can outhunt 99% of the guys on this forum. I dare any of you to try to keep up with him on an Alaska Dall sheep hunt in the Brooks Range. It's not going to happen.

Congrats again to Broc, Luke, and the rest of the guys at Mossback Arizona.

Awesome well deserved buck.

Thank you Broc for your contribution to the deer I enjoy hunting so much.

Do I dare say "YOU WILL NOT TOP THIS ONE!!" :)

Happy hunting

I appreciate all the individuals that have commented on this thread and offered their congratulations. It has almost been a week since I have killed this buck and I am still walking on the clouds. I wish you all the best in your upcoming fall hunts and I look forward to seeing some great stories and pictures of some giant critters.

• Like 4

Congratulations. I would love to hear the story and see some pictures and dare I say you and all those involved will be walking on air for quite sometime. You're welcome at my campfire anytime.

get that buck tested for roids lol ... amazing buck congrats Broc!

I would be interested to know the date the buck was killed? It's likely that it still had some growing to do since it likely had another few weeks in velvet before it shed.

I appreciate all the individuals that have commented on this thread and offered their congratulations. It has almost been a week since I have killed this buck

I would be interested to know the date the buck was killed? It's likely that it still had some growing to do since it likely had another few weeks in velvet before it shed.

I appreciate all the individuals that have commented on this thread and offered their congratulations. It has almost been a week since I have killed this buck

The buck was done growing... and in fact was acting like he was trying to rub.