Well, how did everyone do?

I was up early and to my spot before sunrise. In fact, a little too early! Always love opening morning. Anyways, compared to previous years, it took us a little longer to limit out. Not sure if the recent heavy rains have affected their patterns, but our "gold rated spot" was a bit off. Just had to adjust our plan of action. :)

Either way, great morning overall. To say I was a bit rusty is an understatement. A person just can't practice anything that compares to diving and darting doves!! Lol

Hope everyone had a safe and successful opener.

• Like 1

Worse opener ever! We were in an area that we have hit for years and literally only had a handfull fly by. Totaly stumped. Tomorrow is the ringer spot on the companies dairy farm, always a good one there.

My party of 3 all limited out this morning, with the added bonus of 5 eurasians. It took us a little longer than normal as well, but we were all done by 1045. Now Im begging and pleading with the Girlfriend to let me go tomorrow! Wish me luck!

I've wondered about the Sossaman and Warner location. Never been there myself during season.

Agree. Fewer birds this year, still got my limit. My son got 8. Going back out tomorrow morning.

my trusty spot was a bust also I'm not sure if it was the standing water or all the mosquitoes but it was kind of a rough morning it was so slow and quiet my buddy had a four by four mule deer walk to it then 30 yards of him of course unit 42 is closed during archery season

Arrived @ 5am and watched the sunrise. Plenty of WW's but only managed four. Filled the rest of my limit with Mourning Doves. I scouted the area the day before but the flyway was more to the tree line west of me but I managed to get more on the return flight along with my son and his friend and we all limited it just took a while.

It didn't help that my firing pin wasn't striking 30% of the time so it is time to retire/donate that one. Going back tomorrow. There were enough birds that I should have been done by sunrise.

I usually hunt Sossaman/Warner but wasn't sure if the area to the SW was open and the gal at G&F had no clue. It looks like Sossaman is going to get re-aligned with Ray pretty soon. Trust me, I'd much rather drive 30 miles than 90 miles.

Arrived @ 5am and watched the sunrise. Plenty of WW's but only managed four. Filled the rest of my limit with Mourning Doves. I scouted the area the day before but the flyway was more to the tree line west of me but I managed to get more on the return flight along with my son and his friend and we all limited it just took a while.

It didn't help that my firing pin wasn't striking 30% of the time so it is time to retire/donate that one. Going back tomorrow. There were enough birds that I should have been done by sunrise.

I usually hunt Sossaman/Warner but wasn't sure if the area to the SW was open and the gal at G&F had no clue. It looks like Sossaman is going to get re-aligned with Ray pretty soon. Trust me, I'd much rather drive 30 miles than 90 miles.

I went to the G&F office last season and they gave me a map that said everything to the West of where the 202 is is closed, but everything to the east is open. Mesa PD still stopped me last year and did the whole 'I am not going to arrest you but another officer might' BS, I didn't have the documentation at the time that showed that area was open so we just left, got a copy of it in my car now though.

Opening morning was a bust, had 5 shooters and got 8 birds. Our opening morning tradition spot was the worst I've ever seen. Hopefully we'll have better day tomorrow.

/>

I went to the G&F office last season and they gave me a map that said everything to the West of where the 202 is is closed, but everything to the east is open. Mesa PD still stopped me last year and did the whole 'I am not going to arrest you but another officer might' BS, I didn't have the documentation at the time that showed that area was open so we just left, got a copy of it in my car now though.

I dont know about that side of town but my inner city sweet spot was shut down this year.. they gave us shotguns took away our archery. now they are taking back the shotgun areas that were given.. there is a name for that isn't there......... so check the changes to our dove regs cuz they closed a large section of the north phx boundary. JERKS!

/> limited early this am - home by 7 - birds galore

Thx for the invite buddy!

lol - I didn't hear my phone ringin off the hook either!

I just went out by myself - didnt go out this am - barrel fell off - need a welder - good wire guy- lol

i'll give a holler about a possible trip -- Thursday AM buddy by then hopefully all idjets can't go!

kinda hard keep tabs on everyone - guys walk around and don't even know they are in your field of fire - especially when there are a lot of low to medium flyers. got rained-lead on a few times

hunted marana this morning got to my favorite spot and there were hunters everywhere so i drove around found some feilds down yonder and limited out in 30 minutes was the only other person in the feilds too