/>

/> limited early this am - home by 7 - birds galore

Thx for the invite buddy!
lol - I didn't hear my phone ringin off the hook either!

I just went out by myself - didnt go out this am - barrel fell off - need a welder - good wire guy- lol

i'll give a holler about a possible trip -- Thursday AM buddy by then hopefully all idjets can't go!

kinda hard keep tabs on everyone - guys walk around and don't even know they are in your field of fire - especially when there are a lot of low to medium flyers. got rained-lead on a few times

If your welding your barrel on make sure you wear helmet and vest!

Pretty marginal around Picacho yesterday and today. Eaked out some limits by late morning, with some jumpshooting after 10:00 am. Nothing like the past several years. Just very few birds and long stretches between.

Never heard of welding a shotgun barrel back onto a gun. It wasn't likely attached that way originally. It might be worth your time to figure out how it's actually supposed to be attached, and pursue that before you spark up the MIG!

Worse opener ever! We were in an area that we have hit for years and literally only had a handfull fly by. Totaly stumped. Tomorrow is the ringer spot on the companies dairy farm, always a good one there.

Stanfield was good as always.

Never heard of welding a shotgun barrel back onto a gun. It wasn't likely attached that way originally. It might be worth your time to figure out how it's actually supposed to be attached, and pursue that before you spark up the MIG!

Mossberg 500 barrel has the bolt stub that screws to the top of the shell tube the stub has been welded before - lasted 12 yrs just needs to be rewelded I used a dremel to grind off all the excess of old weld so its an easy job if ya got the right equipment .

I got a little ewlder but I would leave turds everywhere so a guy with a wire gun would at least look good .

I just used my 30 in full choke barrel this evening - was invited by a friend - the high flyers were still a challenge but ended up with 9

couple of the rudest hunters tonight - we got there by 5:30 spread out givin 100 yrds between shooters 4 of us -

send the young guy to the best spot - a truck comes and parks right on top of him - less than 100 yrds from our truck - I had gone the other way - I didn't know they basically set up right where he was standing.

when I came in for extra shells - I told them straight out it was total B.S. that they parked so close an took over his spot -

I reminded them that if they were here first on any of our next trips I was gonna park ruight next to them and walk out and hunt in the middle of them - fair is fair - total jerks- I can be one too if treated that way first!

its still the law that a shotgun can only hold 3 shells - several times I heard at least 8-10 shots in a row - they were flingin lead fer sure.

its still the law that a shotgun can only hold 3 shells - several times I heard at least 8-10 shots in a row - they were flingin lead fer sure.

Yeah, I heard the same thing a bunch of times, 5-6 shots in a row. You gotta figure they spent a small fortune of shells emptying their scatter gun like that for each bird. And what lousey shots!

Yeah, I heard the same thing a bunch of times, 5-6 shots in a row. You gotta figure they spent a small fortune of shells emptying their scatter gun like that for each bird. And what lousey shots!

***Yes for migratory must have plug but quail you can un-plug!

I managed to kill tonight even though shooting 1 arm lefty! stinkin hurts when you cant use other arm to pull back and anchor weapon. :-( but hey shoulder is rebuilt, i got to hunt, cops gave me thumbs up tonight for not driving in somewhere all idiots that can't read have been. :)

My buddy and I got stumped before we even got to our normal hole. The roads were muddy as heck and we got to a wash about a mile from our hole that I was not going to risk getting stuck in. As we were inspecting the wash to find out if it was passable the Mosquitos attacked with a vengeance. They were really thick and we hadn't even made it to our water hole. We back tracked to a higher and dryer location to see if we could skirt the nasty swarms. We got about 500 yards out from the truck and decided it was not worth it and packed up.

We are going to give it a shot again Saturday if the rain stays away and with a heavy application of DEET products.

They weren't flying as good as last year. Slow start and flying LOW! We could've limitied by 8:00 but my buddies were more worried about getting to IHOP. One buddy challenged us to the most birds with 1 box of shells. He got 1. My other buddy got 4 but I am sure he snuck back to the truck for more shells. I got 7. It should've been 9 but 2 birds kept flying after I shot most of their feathers off. I quit the follow through when I saw the feathers! They were like P51 Mustangs dropping their wing tanks before dogfighting! I'm still MAD!

/>They weren't flying as good as last year. Slow start and flying LOW! We could've limitied by 8:00 but my buddies were more worried about getting to IHOP. One buddy challenged us to the most birds with 1 box of shells. He got 1. My other buddy got 4 but I am sure he snuck back to the truck for more shells. I got 7. It should've been 9 but 2 birds kept flying after I shot most of their feathers off. I quit the follow through when I saw the feathers! They were like P51 Mustangs dropping their wing tanks before dogfighting! I'm still MAD!

Ok everybody report their bird per box total tomorrow! im comfortable with this cuz i have excuse this year! :-) good luck in am watch out for skeeters and snakers.

I'm doing fairly well... Opening day 39rds from the "new" 20ga, shot a limit plus one Eurasian. it was the first time I'd ever shot that gun. Monday night, 19 rounds for 10 birds. Did a little better as i got used to the gun. Wednesday morning I shot 8 times and killed 5 birds... In twenty minutes. One of those birds took a second shot so only two clean misses.

/>I'm doing fairly well... Opening day 39rds from the "new" 20ga, shot a limit plus one Eurasian. it was the first time I'd ever shot that gun. Monday night, 19 rounds for 10 birds. Did a little better as i got used to the gun. Wednesday morning I shot 8 times and killed 5 birds... In twenty minutes. One of those birds took a second shot so only two clean misses.

Nice! i myself got a new 20 but have only half experienced due to this 3 week post op shoulder.. so 1 handed i average about 15 shots for 1 bird.. it is the left eye thing that is difficult to train.. think i will wear a patch over right eye tonight so ican try and catch up with you.

/>

I'm doing fairly well... Opening day 39rds from the "new" 20ga, shot a limit plus one Eurasian. it was the first time I'd ever shot that gun. Monday night, 19 rounds for 10 birds. Did a little better as i got used to the gun. Wednesday morning I shot 8 times and killed 5 birds... In twenty minutes. One of those birds took a second shot so only two clean misses.

Nice! i myself got a new 20 but have only half experienced due to this 3 week post op shoulder.. so 1 handed i average about 15 shots for 1 bird.. it is the left eye thing that is difficult to train.. think i will wear a patch over right eye tonight so ican try and catch up with you.

Way to make us all look silly Hoghntr, lol. 15-1 is some of our averages and we use both arms! I tip my hat to you good sir, and hope you get well soon.

I shot like crap opening day, I got my limit, plus 2 Eurasians, in 47 shots.

This morning 5 birds 9 shots. All birds recovered. The funny thing is I'm freakishly hitting all of the high crossers and fast incoming birds, but missing most of the low straightaways. I keep telling myself "barrel covers bird...pull" but I think I'm shooting over the top of them. I'll try shooting the bead dead on and see if that works...