Sign in to follow this  
bvanetten

Camera Theft in the Payson Area

Mr Olson I don't have a tatoo there. I was trying to be funny. I wasn't trying to offended anyone. It's just sad that a person works hard and saves up to buy a camera and someone steals it. I've spent a lot of money on cameras and all I use them for now is to see what critters are digging up my garden.

I must confess, I broke my #1 rule...I put a camera on a waterhole in 22-S. It's been there one week and I got a few bucks on it. One real dandy that I had a close call with the week before. If it's still there this weekend, I will probably pull it. I hope to get another crack at that buck. This is only my second camera. The first one burned up in the Sunflower fire.

That's awesome.....thats what we have been waiting for.......

• Like 1

i had 1 on a waterhole from April til' beginning of August.. only because it was a walk in about 3/4 mile. 1 person showed up on it then water dried and I pulled it. sucks cause the bucks were startin to hit it every other day!! luckily it didn't get jacked!

doesn't matter the unit if they want it they will take it. it only makes it a easier target to put them on waterholes that are easily accessible.

as said before.. it's not just hunters out there... tree huggers,G&F,NFS,ranchers,hot shots,hikers,campers,illegals,peta,.

I had a guy look up close at my cam and the next pic he was peeking around it to... I don't know, maybe see if it was still powered up. didn't steal it . it looked funny though, he prolly had a camera in the area cause there were several. I guess you know you found "THE SPOT" when there are cameras everywhere.. LOL! J/K.

when walking to my blind I came across 1 I hadn't seen and it was still dark and I prolly looked bewildered in the pic... standin there bow in hand back pack on and all like what the ....

sucks you can't put em on a tank without em' gettin jacked!

1 last thing..... CHIGGERS SUCK!

James

My husband saw someone elses camera box (in 6a) that had been broken into, but the camera was left on the ground. We are assuming someone wanted the card. He left it untouched by him and moved on.

I no longer put cameras anywhere where people typically are and I get them down as soon as I have the info I want. The cameras stay out no longer than they have to.

My husband saw someone elses camera box (in 6a) that had been broken into, but the camera was left on the ground. We are assuming someone wanted the card. He left it untouched by him and moved on.

I no longer put cameras anywhere where people typically are and I get them down as soon as I have the info I want. The cameras stay out no longer than they have to.

sad that it has to be like that... I love to see the pics whether huntin season or not!

thieves suck!

James

Are there any Hunter Safety teachers out there? My question is are our youngsters being taught in the hunter safety classes about the ethics of leaving other peoples equipment alone......like trail cameras? If this is not being taught as a new subject then I suggest it should be. I've already posted how disgusted I have been with the seemingly decline in hunter ethics the last 10 years.

• Like 1

Are there any Hunter Safety teachers out there? My question is are our youngsters being taught in the hunter safety classes about the ethics of leaving other peoples equipment alone......like trail cameras? If this is not being taught as a new subject then I suggest it should be. I've already posted how disgusted I have been with the seemingly decline in hunter ethics the last 10 years.

Actually, mom and dad should be teaching this to thier children. It all starts at home.

• Like 5

I had 5 cameras out in 6A from April until last week I last checked them in July when I was up the day before Archery deer started 4 had been messed with 2 of them they took the locks off and erased all the picture 2 others were turned around and one was left alone. They left all the cameras, locks and sd cards so I kinda got lucky but I didn't have any pictures for the month of August.

Actually, mom and dad should be teaching this to thier children. It all starts at home.

+1 Exactly what I was thinking.

I agree the responsibility to foster ethical behavior starts with the parents but unfortunately there are too many families with single parents now and many kids get little mentoring. That's why I am wondering if our hunter safety teachers are helping out on this important task that seems to have gone south the last decade or so.

• Like 1

That stinks you lost your camera. I had some lousy SOB mess with my 2nd camera location in 6A last year. Tried to pry it off, I guess (pic 1) and couldn't so he walked away. 1 second earlier on the trigger and it would have gotten a pic of his face. He was only able to move the field of view a little bit because I secured it to the tree pretty tightly with a python lock, and another lock on the box to keep the SD card safe.

HUNT0022.jpg

HUNT0024.jpg

I'd disagree with someone else's percentage that 90% of hunters are doing the right thing out there. It's a lot lower than that from what I see, unfortunately. Plus, a whole bunch of people I spoke with on that hunt last year considered driving roads the day before the hunt started as their preseason 'scouting' so I'm not real surprised that some #$#$%^#@@ would steal someone else's property and hard work, so they could get some easy info. Yes, it starts at home. Too bad it doesn't stay there.

there are a couple of young theives up here can't give names or i'll probably be arrested and not the theives, but i now of one kid who has over 75 cameras in his garage