rageinthesage

Another toad hits the dirt

So oneshot, your telling me if you were sitting down out hunting having a snack and this beast was walking your way you wouldn't be flinging arrows????? Lmao!!!!! Lucky for him I'm not that good of a shot!!! And by the time he got to me I would have just had to give him my snack...

• Like 1

Wow you guys are really quick to judge! I know Loren he's a nice guy and a great shot!

I'm hunting the N. Rim right now, I can tell you there are about 50 hunters sitting water, salt and whatever else within spitt'n distance of the boundary, waiting for the buffalo to cross or maybe even a big 'ol deer, are they all wrong too? Now, be careful.... I believe some of our sponsors are hunting these buffs as well!

• Like 1

The buffalo don't cross the fence they just run it over. It's not like the fence on the boundary is 10' high chain link. There are places up there where the fence is layin on the ground for hundreds of yards. These topics drive me nuts.

• Like 1

Yes, I feel it IS wrong to set-up on a closed area "with-in spitting distance"... You mean to tell me it's OK to " hunt" animals that have lost the fear of humans(if they ever had that fear from growing-up around humans), thats NOT hunting... Thats shooting... (I dont care for high fence "hunters either...)

CWT.com sponsor or not... if i spent the $$$ to hunt with a guide and he took me to such an area??? we would either be moving to a new spot, I'd be demanding a refund, or I/d walk away.... fair chase on WILD game for me or nothing... IMHO...

Best not put in for buffalo on the north rim then. The area lucky2hunt is talking about is where MOST of the buffalo are killed there.

Yes, I feel it IS wrong to set-up on a closed area "with-in spitting distance"... You mean to tell me it's OK to " hunt" animals that have lost the fear of humans(if they ever had that fear from growing-up around humans), thats NOT hunting... Thats shooting... (I dont care for high fence "hunters either...)

CWT.com sponsor or not... if i spent the $$$ to hunt with a guide and he took me to such an area??? we would either be moving to a new spot, I'd be demanding a refund, or I/d walk away.... fair chase on WILD game for me or nothing... IMHO...

how long have you been hunting for?

Well ... my take is that if the man shot it on the correct side of the fence, he didn't do anything illegal, and should not be hounded. Sounds like he's trying to get going with guiding, and he'd probably not do anything to jeopardize that ... so what the heck ... if he did it legally then "Congrats" and be done with it.

As to the ethics of hunting a tame animal ... its a tricky question. Guess if it was an animal that regularly ate from people's hands and was regularly petted by people, that wouldn't make it much of a challenge would it??? I hunt because I like the challenge, so that really wouldn't be for me. Still ... someone tell me when that load of apples and Snickers is getting dumped up there ... I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

You guys can debate morals and ethics until you're all dead. No one ever agrees 100% with the way other people do things and no one ever will.

Debating the law, however is another story. IMO there's no way this buck was legally taken outside the park boundary. This buck didn't live anywhere near the boundary. Those park bucks leave for one reason and one reason only and that's when they have ladies on the brain.

I suppose my opinion doesn't matter much anyway. After all, it's not me that this guy is going to have to prove any legalities to.

• Like 1

You guys can debate morals and ethics until you're all dead. No one ever agrees 100% with the way other people do things and no one ever will.

That much is a fact ... only takes a quick look at our Nation's politics to know that is the case.

I am sure AZGFD will investigate the circumstances ... and they should. But I won't judge the guy based on what I think ... someone has to do some fact finding.

The biggest mistake this kid made was letting a picture get out. All those park deer are so well known, anyone of them is instantly recognized. The hunting world is simply a giant sewing circle full of jealous people who want to act like they know everything. So, as soon as any big deer is killed, the poaching accusations and "I hear that he said that she said" nonsense will fly. Add in pictures of the deer standing on a paved road taken right out the window, and you better get your flame suit on. I know plenty of hunters who have chased those park deer and not killed them. If this kid did it fair, good for him. If he didn't, I hope he gets the book thrown at him. We likely will never know.

And lastly, just because he just started his business means nothing to me about "not wanting to risk losing it". Way I see it, there are tons of people out there who want to make a living guiding. What better way for a guy desperate to get some street cred and seperate himself than by putting a 220" velvet feather in his cap. Not saying, jut saying.

• Like 1

I always find these threads quite humorous when we all have nothing to do in the but check coues every 5 minutes when most of don't have the time or blessing to be out hunting something. Keeps us all entertained until we are able to make it out into gods country. With that being said, Wife and are going out tomorrow to The Phoenix Zoo, dropping her off on the side to see if she can find any good sheds, I am heading to the back to see if I cant get a B&C giraffe that inadvertently jumps the fence to get the pile of apples I have on the other side next to my trail cam. LOL

• Like 6