Sign in to follow this  
BML

Hotshot Benefit Tournament results and pics!

It's been a couple weeks, but I wanted to share the results of our first annual Granite Mountain IHC Benefit Tournament. I'm not even sure where to begin. I've never been a part of such a crazy event!! We had high expectations for this tournament. Lake Pleasant is an awesome lake for a total weight or numbers shoot. A very rare monster can be found, but the overwhelming majority of the fish are under 10 pounds and there's LOTS of them!

Check in and registration started like any other tournament. Guys and gals having a good time having dinner and sharing fish stories and a few cold ones! About an hour before launch time, however things got crazy! A wind storm blew in with a fury like we've never seen at this lake. 30mph winds kicked up 4-5 foot waves on the lake. We had all our boats staged at the ramp waiting to launch and it was a struggle for boats already on the water to get the heck back on shore! It was 11:30 before the weather let up enough that we could all finally launch. Then it became a mad scramble to find fish in horrible water for the now shortened 5.5 hour tournament.

As you can imagine, the fishing pretty much sucked but we all still had a blast. Not one single shooter ever complained about the evening. In fact, there was a lot of smack talk going down at the ramp before we launched! Winning team ended up with only 17 fish and a touch over 100 pounds! 3rd place only took 10 fish and was well under 100 pounds. To put this in perspective as to how bad this is, we shot a tournament at the same lake in early June and 13 boats weighed in nearly 3,000 pounds that night!!

All in all, though it was the cause that mattered for this tournament and everyone still had a blast!! We were able to raise a touch under $5,000 for the families of the 19 fallen heros! a HUGE thank you goes out to all the awesome sponsors we were able to line up for this event! We contacted every single sponsor of this site and were overwhelmed with the amount of support we were given.

Here's a bunch of pics:

Here's the sponsor banner. I have to give a big shout out to Jeff at NDesigns. He donated a dozen of the hats these ladies are wearing. We had a near disaster and had to switch banner companies 3 days before the tourney. In the madness we left the NDesigns logo off the banner! Our screw up and we feel terrible about it.

3148FF8C-3577-4AF9-8DDE-7E1EC60AFEF9-121

Winner if the 2 bow package we raffled off. Yep that's me!

0AC3DD48-040F-44EE-977D-02496A26C95F-121

First place: Team Swamp Donkey

F32A87BF-7D56-4CFF-9312-E512FF7FE902-121

Second Place: The Kauffman Crew

4D263226-F45B-4C13-9E4F-9880B1CEDFAA-121

Third place: team Catalina Marina

0FF5F3DF-4E2D-4514-AA11-66A214BB9229-121

And lastly the final crew that stayed long enough to get in the pic. Several boats never even fished because of the weather.

04EFA315-1679-4DB3-B6BD-7DF174B1C122-121

Thank you again to everyone who participated in this event!

• Like 2