Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

What's your favorite dove ammo so far this year?

I have been using estate 9's last few yrs. although picked up couple new guns 1 came with probably 20-25 yr old ammo.. fine through o/u but then got scared when new auto would not cycle then realized ancient ammo does not have the power to cycle.. duhhh! hey bonus ammo gotta use it,

Hey if anybody neds another shooter shoot me a pm. im good to have with.. kinda like mesquito and rattlesnake insurance policy for you.. they love me and will leaveyou alone! Their ain't a skeeter out there that hasn't tasted my blood and not many snakes that haven't hit my guards or once flesh. :(

• Like 1

Haven't been out shooting at em yet but I've been getting a few with the jeep driving by the Dairys... It Seems to be doin the job pretty good!

Been happy with estate game loads. 7/8oz with number 8's!

I used some old Remington Dove loads #8 shot in my 20 gauge Opening Day and they were OK but I just knocked the dust of a few that flew overhead. This weekend I'm switching back to my 12 gauge with 7 1/2's.

• Like 1

I use Federals in 7.5 or 6 shot(although those are getting hard to find...) for my 20 ga side by side.

Guest oneshot

I re-load #8 shot with sea-salt and fresh ground black pepper, that way the birds are already seasoned...

/>

I re-load #8 shot with sea-salt and fresh ground black pepper, that way the birds are already seasoned...

haha, no garlic powder or paprika?? Remember, these hand loads have to be perfect in order to make it into the CWT.com cook book!!!

I use Federals in 7.5 or 6 shot(although those are getting hard to find...) for my 20 ga side by side.

Is there anything left to eat besides pellets, that some big lead for a tiny bird.

Seldom Drawn

Whatever junk they sell at Walmart in a 7 - 9 shot is fine (happens to be Federal at the moment), unless you're shooting at the high fliers, then I might occasionally pop in a high brass steel shot #4, if I see 'em soon enough. At least that's the way we do it.

Remington 1 oz. 7.5 shot in the 12ga mod choke. During late season or if they are spooked I will switch to 6 shot to get a little extra range and a full choke if I really need some extra reach. I have always shot Remington with great luck. I have a bunch left from years past that I am still shooting.