Sign in to follow this  
Hanksaiditbest

Got creative with this years skulls

Well done!

I really like that idea! Great job! I have two Bear Skulls that would work perfectly.

thats a cool display, well done, reminds me of the commercial at a kids camp where the girl gives the boy a simple handmade gift and he busts out a piece of handmade art!

Very cool, you could almost use the skulls as book ends if you mount them on the wood.

Either way, great idea,

Alex

Looks cool! yes putting them in ground is bit tough for tooth recovery. ;) i buried for years till i dug up early 1 year and when i tipped skull the brains ran out on my hand :( 15+yrs later i think i still smell them.

Very cool, I have wanted to do this. Do you boil off as much meat as you could first then bury? Or bury then boil it clean and coat it? Or just bury and dig up?

• Like 1

/>Very cool, I have wanted to do this. Do you boil off as much meat as you could first then bury? Or bury then boil it clean and coat it? Or just bury and dig up?
It was a pretty simple process, trim the bulk of the skull meat off. I left the head in a bag to get a little juicy, not too juicy or the skull and teeth will decay in the ground.Just enough to get stinky... Then burry the skulls, get them deep if possible to avoid critters, cover the skulls with about 2 inches of dirt and place a board over them to avoid damaging with shovel when digging up

. I left mine for about 4.5 months and they were completely cleaned. I simmered them just for a few minutes to loosen up the dirt and then cleaned them with a peroxide mixture. I liked the natural look so i did not bleach.... I recently boiled my pronghorn skull without burrying and got similar results... Although if you are not in a huge hurry, burrying was a little easier, cuts out all the meticulous picking and cleaning with tools after boiling. Hope this helps