Sign in to follow this  
Shedhunteraz

Opening morning sucess

Here you go ladies and gentleman. Well 2 tags in camp and got out2hunt done at 730 this am. Dropped off other buddy and ken and i took off. Lots of hunters so we went into unknown. Found a shelf I liked on gps as I was driving and headed that way. Not very much activity as far as bugles. But caught one about 500yd out infront of us and took off. Got with in 100 yds and went silent. Continued walking aand caught a bull with one cow. Failed to see others and got busted at 50yds. So we played the wind game and made huge circle down and draw and cut back into the wind. Caught another bugle and we we off. Ran up ridge and posted up. Bull screaming for 10 min and raking and bugling continued. Then he moved away from us so we ran to edge of the draw to see him and cow coming up ridge. Ran back to some cover and posted up. Bull screaming coming at us. Ken says range me. Dialed at 58 but no shot. Darn cow comes in to 30 yds. Tell ken dont move. At this point he has been full draw for 4 or 5 min. Draws back again, sitting behind him bull steps out. He says range. I say 60 and smack. Perfect shot. Double lung. Wait hour or so run the blood trail and there he was. Piled up 120 yds from impact. Great hunt. Congrats to my buddy ken on his first bull. Proud of him. It was worth it all just to see him cry like a baby. Lol. We are truly blesse. We are truly blessed to hunt gods country and take one of him animals.

• Like 10

Sorry freaking internet in woods

post-1-0-95880200-1379108975_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Congratulations and great story. Can't wait to see all the post over the next few days.

• Like 1

Now folks that's how you get it done. Congrats shedhunteraz you definitely know what your doing.

• Like 3