Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

ASU/ Wisconsin

Sloppy/ weird game ASU should of won easier but the last part of the game was terrible. Those refs screwed Wisconsin big time by not setting the ball, letting the ASU player lay on the ground with it(delay of game penalty) and then not letting them take the snap. Thought the Wisconsin QB was going to attack one of the refs. Crazy finish

Asu should not even been in that situation, but I agree that really was a horrible way to win/lose.

that qb screwed it up, why didn't he take a knee or fall down instead he just set the ball down, i thought it was going to be called a fumble i think everyone was confused even the refs. they should've just kicked the field goal and not ran another play. asu got lucky.

I thought the Wisconsin QB was going to beat a red up too. Bottom line is, the QB should have taken a knee and handed the ball to the ref. Instead he put the ball on the ground without taking a knee and tried to get his team lined up. ASU jumped on the ball and confusion ensued. Then time ran out. Again, bottom line the QB should have taken a knee and handed the ball to the ref.

My kid is home from ASU for the weekend, watched the game. It was odd, but hey a W is a W right.

The refs were horrible and I am not a whine about the refs guy!

Remember they had just blown an out of bounds call the play before where Wis would have been down on the ~45.

Wis got away with more holding of the receivers, chop blocks, and late hits than I have seen in college. Probably hard to see on TV but being there it was horrible to watch them hold the receivers on every play. Oh and the fake injury the ref helped with, that was just pathetic. They really need to fine the college big time for that garbage!

The QB needed to spike the ball if he wanted the clock to stop. Taking a knee would not have stopped it. He set the ball down which is basically a voluntary fumble. ASU victory! GO DEVILS!!!!!!

• Like 1

He should have spiked it, not try to take and knee and then spike it. He didn't even take a knee, he just kinda put the ball down and walked away. And heck yeah! I woulda jumped on that ball too! A win is a win, but we should have been up by more than 2 points, even with spotting them 7 on that botched punt. Why ASU's punter didn't just kick it out of the end zone I'll never know...

I think the clock would have run out even if the ASU player had not stayed on the ground with the ball. He was recovering a fumble so making sure it was his ball. It was a badly called game for the most part the whole time. But I agree the QB gently laying the ball down is a fumble. Just like if he took the ball and set it on the ground for the trick play of the old days.

Couldnt believe the way it ended. Devils shouldn't of been in that situation. Couple bad decisions by Graham almost cost them the game. ASU had a lot of drops letting Wisconsin stay in the game. Go Devils

I was at the game and the officiating was terrible however, that was a heads up play by the ASU defense at the end. Smoke and mirrors, GO DEVILS