Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

ASU/ Wisconsin

The refs screwed it up, not the Wisconsin QB.

#1) They blew the call dead. The play was OVER. Weather or not the Wisconsin QB dropped it, set it down...Doesn't matter - the play was blown dead.

#2) At the point that ASU jumped on the ball, they should've been flagged for DELAY OF GAME. Field goal, end of game, Wisconsin wins.

That win will have an astrik next to it. If it is the difference between a bowl game or not for ASU (which is likely, since they should have a 6 win season), that fact should be taken into consideration. Wisconsin was robbed; simply handed a loss by incompetent, or biased home-cooked refereeing.

Yeah I despise ASU, but I don't care who is looking at it, those are the facts.

• Like 2

i wouldn't call it biased referee's ASU had bad calls against them too. the play or two before that last one the reciever's toe and heel were out of bounds

All I can say is, if I were an ASU fan I would be embarrassed, but I guess you need to take them however you can get them.

Enjoy and be proud of it, I guess!

• Like 1

The Devils are now ranked 23rd. I am still looking for uofa.

haha, post this again next week and see if its still true. i doubt theyll get by stanford but ill be going for them.

oh yeah

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9681505/pac-12-conference-reprimands-officials-arizona-state-wisconsin-game

Amazing the refs should be severely reprimanded if not fired, too early to tell what the outcome is,but what if Wisconsin misses a BCS bowl because of it (not saying Wisconsin is a BCS team....I think they are far from it).

Uhhhh.

Wisconsin's coach even said they screwed up and that is not what they practice 100's of times. He said they always spike the ball. Now he was not agreeing with the ref but when people jump on and talk about embarrassed fans it is just sour grapes. Clearly it was a stupid series of events from top to bottom which is why the horrible refs were in disarray. I do agree the refs need to find new jobs, they aren't good at this one!

I actually don't think it matters for either team as their schedules don't give them much hope of playing for a rose bowl spot anyway. Wisconsin will lose a few they are not that good and the ASU schedule is fantastically difficult. I just hope they beat Notre Dame and UofA. 😀

Wisconsin sure didnt play like a top 25 team in my book. Their secondary was horrible and shallow. If ASU can throw on them like that imagine what Alabama would do.

The Devils are now ranked 23rd. I am still looking for uofa.

haha, post this again next week and see if its still true. i doubt theyll get by stanford but ill be going for them.

oh yeah

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9681505/pac-12-conference-reprimands-officials-arizona-state-wisconsin-game

Amazing the refs should be severely reprimanded if not fired, too early to tell what the outcome is,but what if Wisconsin misses a BCS bowl because of it (not saying Wisconsin is a BCS team....I think they are far from it).

Everyone assumes that Wisconsin lost because of the shenanigans of the last 10 seconds. Lets not forget, the refs did not take points off of the board for Wisconsin, nor give extra to ASU at the end. A field goal still had to be kicked and from what I am seeing from many teams this year, field goals are a big question mark. We could say what if all day bit the final outcome wouldn't change

I like to think Romney got screwed out of the election last November. So maybe Obama should have an "asterisk" next to his name as President? But would that make any of us sleep any better about the state of our country?

Bottom line, ASU won and Wisconsin lost.

Go Devils!

Uhhhh.

Wisconsin's coach even said they screwed up and that is not what they practice 100's of times. He said they always spike the ball. Now he was not agreeing with the ref but when people jump on and talk about embarrassed fans it is just sour grapes. Clearly it was a stupid series of events from top to bottom which is why the horrible refs were in disarray. I do agree the refs need to find new jobs, they aren't good at this one!

I actually don't think it matters for either team as their schedules don't give them much hope of playing for a rose bowl spot anyway. Wisconsin will lose a few they are not that good and the ASU schedule is fantastically difficult. I just hope they beat Notre Dame and UofA.

The coach said they screwed up..... your mistaking? This game itself will not make a difference for either team getting to the Rose Bowl because neither are going to be in the National Championship this year.

WHY would they have spiked the ball on that play? There was NO reason, the Badgers just got a first down, plenty of time on the play clock. Spiking the ball would have left the ball on the right hash mark.... the QB wanted to center the ball on field for the FG, then spike the ball, then kick the FG. The whistle blew with 14 seconds left in the game, ball should have been spotted with at least 8 seconds, spike. Kick the FG with 3 seconds left on the clock, clock expires no kick off needed. .

Pac-12 refs have to be the worst in the business...have been for some time. The fact is the teams on the field did not get to determine the ultimate outcome. Would Wisconsin have made a field goal? We will never know. ASU fans who are suddenly so sanctimonious about all of this...Can't wait to hear you when the shoe is on the other foot. Enjoy the #23 ranking...short lived and probably the best it will be all year. Go Cats!!

The whole Wisconsin plan was risky. The idea of running 3 plays in 18 seconds when one of them was a running play and one of them required a personnel change seemed a little optimistic. Sure, a spike would have stopped the clock, but still, it's not up to the refs to make sure you squeeze every second out of the clock.

I just hope this WI player is ok. He looked really hurt. Either that or he misplaced his keys and he was feeling around for where they were.

• Like 1