azcouesfanatic

Big Bull Found dead in Unit 1

I don't think he did, he just never talked to him again. This was probably close to 20 years ago, and was my first experience with something like this. I should have said something but didn't.

Well guys this story has a happy ending. I was able to locate the hunter and he has been reunited with his bull thanks to coueswhitetail. Also coueswhitetail has a new member. Congrats on a great bull Trent!!!!

• Like 13

Unfortunately i fall in this category of having lost a bull this year. And i wasnt just "flinging" arrows. I had a bull walk through a very narrow shooting lane at 20 yards. I took a good shot at him, but he was behind a very small juniper with a couple of branches that had no leaves that after the fact we discovered went right across the body of the elk. Now being that everything happened so bang bang i obviously had no way of seeing those branches. I found my arrow with blood on it, and we had good blood right out of the gate but about 40 yards out we had nothing. I am guessinthe arrow must have deflected off and missed the vitals altogether. And the area i hunted had a lot of fresh track through it so we lost the track. We swept the area, 3 of us in 15 yard gaps for close to a mile, and nothing. I know there are some real jack *ss hunters out there who would leave a good bull on the ground but there are some of us who genuinely have lost what may have been a bull of a lifetime for an archer. To boot, this was my first archery elk hunt....i experienced both the extreme high and low in one day of hunting.

I just want to say thank you. I'm the buddy who was with the hunter who killed this bull. It's a fitting end. I knew he was a nice bull when we walked up on him, I how every didn't know how nice he was because it happened so fast. I ranged him and the arrow was on its way, 15-20 seconds max.

Thank you again. It's stuff like this that reaffirms to me there are still good people left.

• Like 1

/>Well guys this story has a happy ending. I was able to locate the hunter and he has been reunited with his bull thanks to coueswhitetail. Also coueswhitetail has a new member. Congrats on a great bull Trent!!!!
thank you.

I lost a deer in November so I know the feeling. It was a long few days after this happened. I would have never thought the bull would be recovered. It's not even my bull but I'm thankful as all heck because I was the range guy. Thank you again for helping Trent and outing him in touch with the right people.

To the guys who found him. Thank you.

Hello everybody! I'm that guy who lost a real nice bull. I want to thank Brian, Nathan, and Matt for doing everything they could to locate me after finding that bull. I truly am thankful and grateful that there are guys like them out there in the woods with me. I will post more of a story when I have access to computer. Thanks again.

• Like 2