azcouesfanatic

Big Bull Found dead in Unit 1

/>

YEP, BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS PUT IN FOR ARCHERY AND ADD 3 BUDDIES ON THE APP AND IF THEY GET DRAWN THEY BUY A BOW AND SHOOT IT FIVE SIX TIMES AND THEY ARE READY. GOOD HUNTERS. HELLO WAKE THE $UC$ UP GAME AND FISH DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. HELLO.

what does game and fish need to wake up and do something about?

/>

yep a lot of people dont practice worth a darn. theres also the scum of hunting that will score a bull on the ground

Ya Know when I was younger the thought of that never occurred to me, then a friend of mine told me about a friend of his that he had hunted with. This guy had a unit 1 bull tag and he stated that his bull had to be over 350". Why? Because our mutual friend had killed a 350" bull the year before. He shot a bull that upon inspection he didnt think was big enough, and walked away from it. He ended up shooting a rag horn 5 point on the last day for the meat. My friend has never hunted with or to my knowledge even talked to that dude again. We went in and found that bull about a month later, he scores 343". Plenty big enough to hang on my wall! Guys that do things like that should be neutered in my opinion.

Good luck to all those out searching for their bulls, and don't forget to ask for some help from up above!

Wow!! I am disgusted.

Guest wdenike
YEP, BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS PUT IN FOR ARCHERY AND ADD 3 BUDDIES ON THE APP AND IF THEY GET DRAWN THEY BUY A BOW AND SHOOT IT FIVE SIX TIMES AND THEY ARE READY. GOOD HUNTERS. HELLO WAKE THE $UC$ UP GAME AND FISH DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. HELLO.

Some people would -itch if ya hungum with a new rope! Just what we need more government intervention. I would guess your one of them that hated where you come from, moved here, And can't wait to turn this good state into the same -rap ya left!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 2

/>

what does game and fish need to wake up and do something about?

Using that logic then G&F should do something about all the rifle hunters who make bad shots on elk too. Fact is that rifle hunters lose just as many if not more.

• Like 1

Okay guys I think we should all take a deep breath. We all heard of bad hits before. Some are worse than others and there are some that truly leave a bad taste in our mouth. Take this picture from the 1980's I found. :) great job by the way finding your bull!

post-8413-0-25884500-1379774315.jpg

Thanks again for all the positive comments. This was truly a great story and I am proud of everyone who was a part of it. There may be those who do buy a bow after there drawn and shoot a few arrows and then go hunting but I believe the majority of hunters are ethical and work hard to make the best shot possible. I shoot more than most and I do everything in my power to make a perfect shot but sometimes it just does not work. Hunting is not done in a static environment so things change rapidly. As sportsman it is our job to educate and help those who may not have been lucky enough to grow up in a hunting family and learn from fathers, uncles, or family members who had been hunting for years and years. After all we share the same passion!!!! Without the passion we share hunting will not survive. So next time your out hunting our at an sporting goods shop and you talk to someone who is obviously new to hunting take a minute and talk with them. I would like to think that over the years I have been able to pass on what I was fortunate enough to learn from my father and friends to some of my friends who were new to hunting.

I do think there are things that game and fish can do to help but this is not solely a game and fish problem!!!

Trent, I am glad we (Matt/Nathan) were able to help you put your tag on a great bull. Congratulations!!!!!

• Like 5

I can assure you guys our hunting party is as ethical as they come. Trent and his family have been very good to me for the better part of 10 years and with out a doubt I can say they are very ethical and serious when it comes to hunting and fishing. I'm proud to call Trent and his family friends. He will tell the story, but it unfolded so fast it was unreal. I learned a lot this year.

Congrats on getting your bull and way to go guys for finding the shooter

yep a lot of people dont practice worth a darn. theres also the scum of hunting that will score a bull on the ground

Ya Know when I was younger the thought of that never occurred to me, then a friend of mine told me about a friend of his that he had hunted with. This guy had a unit 1 bull tag and he stated that his bull had to be over 350". Why? Because our mutual friend had killed a 350" bull the year before. He shot a bull that upon inspection he didnt think was big enough, and walked away from it. He ended up shooting a rag horn 5 point on the last day for the meat. My friend has never hunted with or to my knowledge even talked to that dude again. We went in and found that bull about a month later, he scores 343". Plenty big enough to hang on my wall! Guys that do things like that should be neutered in my opinion.

Good luck to all those out searching for their bulls, and don't forget to ask for some help from up above!

I wouldn't be considered 'younger' by anyone with vision, but that thought still had never occurred to me before I read this thread. Wow. Some people suck.

Way to work together guys! We owe it to the resource and the future of our sport to give everything we have to recover an animal that we draw blood on. Sometimes it's not in the cards, but when you put all your resources together things can turn out well like this. Awesome all the way around! Congratulations to all involved. Sounds like there are still some honest and gracious men left in this State! Bravo!