JACK

5BS Bull...Lost? or Found?

I called my buddy to see how his wife's first elk hunt was going and he said she hit one on Tuesday night right at dark...hit him right behind the shoulder but a little high 8" or so from top of back...They searched and searched crissed and crossed zigged and zagged and could turn him up...up set, mentally and physically worn out and not wanting to shot another bull she wanted to come home. They don't know I am posting this but I figured it wouldn't hurt in case someone stumbles upon him...he is a 5x5...her arrow was still in him last they saw him VAP with pink and purple vanes and a viper slick trick 4 blade...please PM me if you have any info Thanks! Happy Hunting

it happens - sorry it happened on her first try though

yep a big nomans land right behind the shoulder below the spine - no vitals

sorry - he'll probably make it to gun season

What part of 5BS (PM if necessary)? I'll probably be up there tomorrow checking my trail cams.

If the arrow was still in him, it could have very well spun and cut vitals... DON'T be a quiter...

With all the time, expense, etc invested on an Elk(or any other animal) you owe it to the critter to do ALL you can to recover it... Yeah, they are tough and can recover from a damaging wound, and Yeah, crap happens sometimes, but damm, these story's (5 "lost" Bulls vs 17 found Bulls) make me wonder if the hunters are doing all they should be doing, ie- making a competent shot, doing a proper and complete trailing job, and not folding to the pressure...

I'm not bashing anyone, but there is more work to be done, probably more on the mental side of what you are trying to do, Killing that critter and putting your hands on them...

(For TrphyHntr or anyone else... 40plus years of hunting, 75-100 deer taken with a recurve,200plus with rifle/shotgun, take it for what it's worth(or don't)... Yes, I have lost a few deer, found them rotted days later, but I learned from those mistakes, (poor shot selection, quiting the trailing job to soon), hopefully we ALL can learn a few things about ourselves and not make these mistakes in the future...

Again, I'm NOT bashing anyone, just some thoughts...

oneshot...Start a new thread...since we aren't bashing lets not ASSume either....just some thoughts

Guest wdenike

Boy I sure get confused! Why would someone get on a public forum, and when others voice there view. Get their panties in a wad when they don't hear what they want. The man just basically said everything that was said in the op except advise not to quit. And try and learn from the bad experience.

Take care, Willie

Guest wdenike

Bashing???? I must just be a dumb hillbilly! I just don't see it. I'll tell ya what I do see. For the most part a pretty good bunch of people that are generally willing to help one another. That also for the most part have something to offer besides hot air. But on this particular topic there are a few that should go to the local trophy store. Get some participation trophies, give one another hugs and trophies, and convince one another ya all won!!!!

Take care, Willie

It has been awhile since I have posted.There seems to be a few opinions on wounding animals.My opinion is that I never like wounding a animal, but I would never loose sleep if I spent the time to try and find it.What makes me really sad is when a human kills another human or a adult rapes a kid. or in tonight's case .A.S.U. GETS THERE BUTT KIKED FROM STANFORD. That is what makes me sick.

• Like 2