WildHeritageTaxidermy

Lost Bull Found!!!! Can't beat a Bloodhounds nose!!

Received a call yesterday from our local G&F manager, he was helping a hunter try to recover his elk, and was looking for any dogs that could bloodtrail. We told him we had a bloodhound and we have used her before to trail wounded game. We told him he was welcome to come get her and see if she could find the hunters elk. We didn't know if Daisy would work for a stranger so we were on pins and needles all afternoon and evening waiting to hear if she had found it. Finally at 7:12 pm Heather got this text "We just got the elk out, Dasiy found him, she was awesome, thanks a ton."

Don't know the hunters name, but, glad we were able to help, congratulations on your bull!

post-3674-0-16326400-1379783491_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

That is absolutely awesome. What a stand up guy and on the flip side you do some amazing work. I know I just found the family a new taxidermist. Plus only gotta go down the hill a little bit. Look forward to you doing my first archery bull in nov and my boys first bull in dec. You guys are amazing

• Like 2

Well that is another business for you, I wasnt sure of you were allowed to bring in a dog to help track blood and recover your bull. I will definately keep you in mind in the ffuture nothing worse than losing a bull.

Fantastic! Far less animals would be lost if recovery methods like this were more commonly use! Way to go Daisy!

• Like 1

Wow so amazing. Congrats to the hunter, he better bought her a few nice bags of dog food and a t bone

Nice, hunter was able to recover his trophy. Have seen dogs used on hunting channel in the bush on hunts in Africa to recover game. Plus 1 on letting Game Officer use your dog, class act.

That is way awesome!!

That's awesome. Couple years ago myself and my dad archery hunting on kiabab he shot a real nice buck looked for it all morning no luck there was an outfitter up there who had dogs but he told us they couldn't be used to track wounded game we looked for two days no luck good to know I have that option now

Congrats on a good lookin bull

Awesome! I believe it's legal to use a dog to track to a dead animal. But I think there is a problem with carrying a weapon while tracking the animal because then you are using the dog to aide in take if you find the animal alive and put a killing shot on it. Did you get any clarification like that from the WM? would be nice to share with everyone