Sign in to follow this  
erucker

Awesome Finished Bird Dog

Hey all,

We hunt, train and compete with bird dogs and we have decided to sell one of our males "Cowboy" to make room for our client dogs. He is in the prime of his life at age 6, he has hunted thousands of birds. He has hunted Mearns, Gambels and Bobwhite quail (WILD). He has also hunted chukar and pheasant. He is steady to the wing, shot, fall and release. That is the AKC Master Hunter stanbdard, he has 2 passes of the 6 required for that titel. He is intact and breedable. He is registered AKC and Field DOg Stud book. We have handled him off horseback and on foot. He also retrieves ANYTHING on command with a gentle release. Cowboy has competitive placements in American Field and Arizona Pointing Dog Club.

He is really calm for a GSP and has even slept in our bed on camping trips. He is kennel and crate trained.

You will love this dog!

Thank you,

Ed & Chrissy Rucker

www.topknotoutfitters.com

post-1627-0-20572900-1380056502_thumb.jpg

post-1627-0-56733500-1380056578_thumb.jpg

post-1627-0-05927800-1380056615_thumb.jpg

He is the liver patched and tick dog (roan). Forgot to mention he doesnt bark, if he is barking you better grab your peacemaker or dial 911.

What are you asking?

$2000 OBO, you will not find a nicer more finished dog for that.

Training can cost as much as $2800, for this level of dog.

i need to find more money or a new job paying more money LOL, would love a great bird dog, especially a mellow GSP. if someone wants to gift him to me, I'm sure my lab will love him.

Good looking dog Ed. Folks when you figure the initial cost of buying a pup from a proven line and hoping it isn't gun shy then training and feeding it and Vet bills then ending up with a dog of this caliber this is an opportunity that does not come around but every few years.

Sold to Art of New Mexico. He will love Cowboy! Gonna miss him.

Everyone check with me, we're always training and sometimes sell finished and started dogs.

Thank you

Ed & Chrissy Rucker

www.topknotoutfitters.com

Ed, I enjoyed meeting you and your wife. Great folks and quality dog trainers. Bird season can't come soon enough! Cowboy is everything you advertised him to be. Nothing like watching a bird dog do what he was created to do. Recommend these folks to anyone looking for a good bird hunting companion.

• Like 2