Sign in to follow this  
sjpitts

Binocular Repair-- Doctor Optic 15x60

My dad has (or had) a real nice pair of Doctor Optic Noblilem 15x60B Binoculars. Unfortunately, I let them tip over on the tripod and they have never been the same. I am pretty sure they are out of alignment. Each eye looks crystal clear by itself, but when looking through both eyes it does not look right.

We sent them to a place in California, paid a couple hundred bucks. They came back better, but still not what they once were.

Does anybody have a recommendation as to where we can send them? Or someone local that can take a look at them?

Thanks

Jared

Did you ever get with Dan? Just to let you know I have sent him 2 pair and he did awesome with both. One of them I thought was done but he did some surgery on them and they are back to like new condition .

Did you ever get with Dan? Just to let you know I have sent him 2 pair and he did awesome with both. One of them I thought was done but he did some surgery on them and they are back to like new condition .

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. We sent the Doctor Optic binocs to Dan, and he did an excellent Job at repairing them. I think they are as good as new. As near as I can tell anyway. I wish we would have sent them to him the first time-- it would have saved us a couple hundred bucks.

I

plus 2 on Dan, he has done two pair for me and has done an amazing job.

Thank you guys for sending me to Dan at Mountain Optics. Sending mine in for some new eye cups and a tune up. Said he would have them back before my elk hunt, at the end of the month. Love this form.

Dan is awesome. I wasted $300 having mine fixed in CA before having Dan take care of it. As long as the prism isn't cracked he can fix just about anything. He is well aware of the common flaw on these Nobilems (too short of a prism seat shelf) and how to fix them (he epoxy's them in place). Best $250 I ever spent. . . Other than one wild night in Mexico that I will never admit happened.

• Like 1

Got them back from Dan what a difference. Thanks again guys for you help.