Sign in to follow this  
buckmaster21

26m pig

Too bad it counts as this years pig if you kill it in December. I wonder if, when the new license structure goes in place, it is still 2 per CALENDER year. 26m holds a bunch of piggies. I harvested my largest pig to date last January in 26m. He was an absolute Giant. 26m is a big unit and pigs inhabit a large section of it.

Id be up to try one of these pig hunts if anyone wants someone to go with them let me know.

Just fyi the pigs right close to houses are usually a bit nocturnal i used to bait with timed feeders to knock that out of them then would use calling to bring them in during hunt. now with no feed i would hunt farther from developments to have nomal feeding patterns or they basically will be hunkered down all day and you will have to bust them out. if they really wanted urban animal problem controlled they would have different border for hunting restrictions for archery. now although 2 pigs a year is fun how long do you suppose till herd numbers pay the price for G&F's fiscal goal???

wasn't archery allowed within a 1/4 mile of a occupied building before? It was only a suggestion in previous years....

But looking at the current regulations, looks like its actually stated in the foot notes these days :-(

Who is heading out this weekend for Javelina in 25 or 26M? I am planning on tomorrow 26m. first time hunting metro, I live in queen creek, should be interesting.

Hey guys, what hunt are you referring to? All fall javelina hunts are for juniors, plus I didn't even see where 26M was a choice. Am I missing something? I'd want to hunt them in December in 26M if I could. Please enlighten me on this....thanks, Couestracker.

Archery only. See spring regs. Nonoermit tag. Opens tomorrow. I'm heading to mesa office to get a tag.

Hey guys, what hunt are you referring to? All fall javelina hunts are for juniors, plus I didn't even see where 26M was a choice. Am I missing something? I'd want to hunt them in December in 26M if I could. Please enlighten me on this....thanks, Couestracker.

The hunt came in this last Friday and if you only shot 1 pig in 2013 then you can harvest another on this non=permittag. If you were to shoot one on December 31 you are allowed to shoot another on Jan 1st as long as you bought another non-permit tag. Normally you wouldn't be allowed to shoot two in the same unit as your tag was issued for but I was told from azgfd you just buy another non=permit and Jan 1st starts another year.

So it's possible you could shoot 3 pigs in 3 days. One on Dec. 31st/non-permit, one on Jan. 1st/non-permit or where you were drawn for archery, and another left over archery tag.

Sweet! :D

TJ