Sign in to follow this  
Cowman

WTB Nosler 125 gr Accubond 30 caliber- RAN OUT BEFORE MY HUNT- Even a handful would be helpful

I am in desperate search of anybody that has some of these new in 2013 Nosler Accubond in 30 caliber 125 grain. My load is dialed in, my scope is dialed in, my gun is ready and I dont have enough for my hunt. Ran through them and can't find anymore everybody is sold out I have searched high and low. I could easily change to a different load but nothing shoots out of my gun like this load and I have custom turret for it and all.

Not even looking for a full box if it matters, 10 bullets would be enough to get me by I can back them up with some Nosler green tip hunting ballistic tips.

I called nosler and they are 45-60 days out from any more production.

Any direction, leads or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Cowman

Keep looking there are some out there somewhere....good luck. On a side note most of my stuff will shoot the ballistic tip of the same weight to the same point of aim as the accubonds...just a thought.

Keep looking there are some out there somewhere....good luck. On a side note most of my stuff will shoot the ballistic tip of the same weight to the same point of aim as the accubonds...just a thought.

Thanks Hoofnit. I have been shooting the ballistic tips with this load for several years and was looking for something different when Nosler came out with this 125 Accubond in February. After harvesting several coues and antelope with this load and a hunting ballistic tip i have learned what many would have already expected and that is that the Ballistic tip will absolutely disintegrate at speeds over 3100 fps. This load is somewhere in the 3400 to 3500 fps range and everytime I have made contact with an animal at under 200 yards it has a) absolutely destroyed them B) the bullet has completely come apart and exploded at contact and c) there has been ZERO exit wound. Past 200 yards they work fine especially on a coues.

I have not lost an animal yet as none have moved more than 5 feet but i am worried what would happen if I had to blood trail without an exit wound. I shot a pretty good buck last fall at 20 yards with a 300 win mag. Hit him right behind the shoulder, didnt even hit a rib going in and there was still NO exit wound. Tiny bullet fragments all over the completely hamburgered chest cavity but there wasnt even a mark on the inside wall of the offside ribcage. That really got my attention and made me excited when the accubond came out in 125 gr.

I get the argument of 100% energy dump and I have certainly smoked 3 coues and 2 antelope with it, but I'm just not comfortable anymore with the "what if."

As I suggested in my intitial post I already have some rounds loaded up with 125 BTs as a backup and they do shoot exactly the same as the accubonds. In a pinch, I can use them. But until then I will exhaust all efforts to secure even 5-10 of those accubonds.

I have also tried many different load combinations with different powders and charges in both the 150 and 165 grain bullets but none shoot as well as the 125s do out of my gun. By far the best load I have come up with for accuracy out of my gun is the 125's.

Good discussion, thanks for the help.

Thanks maximus. I have 150s, 165s and 180s. Looking for 125s as that is the best load I have found for my gun. Also I have 125 BTs as emergency.

Thanks again, a very generous offer.