Sign in to follow this  
sodbuster44

Brother's Unit 31 Bear

Here a few pictures of a bear my brother took on opening day in unit 31. One shot from a 30-30 and he went 15 yards and dropped. He seems to be an old bear his canine teeth were all flattened on the ends.

My brother had gone up a few weeks earlier and sat a tree stand in a canyon and had 5 different bears come in. Then he went back opening day and didn't even make it to the tree stand, he saw this one off the road down in a canyon and decided to take him instead.

Just a side note, the picture of the bear eating the cattle supplement, which is molasses based, was purely incidental. The cameras were setup to get a head count on the number of cattle using the area, after I put the supplement tub there the cattle stopped coming in and the bears took over. So we went back to just plain salt block. This bear taken in the pictures was in no way hunted over bait.

post-11537-0-26245200-1381179918_thumb.jpg

post-11537-0-29668600-1381258077_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome bear! When was that picture taken of the bear eating? I don't think it is the same bear either. Congrats to your bro!

Wow very nice! Doesn't look like the same bear to me though... The one on the game cam looks much much bigger!

Agreed.

Love the color on that bear!

Nice bear! You might want to take down the picture of him eating his "supplements" though. I'm pretty sure if they're coming in to a food source placed by you, weather or not it's intended for another animal....it's a no no.

Nice looking bear!

Wait... Where did it go? Shhhhh ahhhhhh

Where did the happy hunter's smile go?