Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge?

Are the roads within the refuge open? The website says the refuge is closed due to the shutdown, but not sure if that means the gates are closed.

I was out there yesterday scouting and the gates were closed but I went in anyway. When I was leaving, I read a letter that was taped to the gate. I didn't realize it was closed because of the shutdown. Hope things get fixed quick because I have the first hunt and will need to figure out a different game plan.

jan brewer decided that thestate would reopen and fund all national parks and refuges starting friday night october 11th up until next weekl ending saturday at midnight,and then who knows after that.

Thats great for some, but the lakes are still closed.:(

jan brewer decided that thestate would reopen and fund all national parks and refuges starting friday night october 11th up until next weekl ending saturday at midnight,and then who knows after that.
I believe it was just the Grand Canyon National Park, other national parks in AZ are still closed and refuges are still closed... And the agreement between the state and NPS is only until October 18th... Then it will be closed again if the shutdown is not resolved.

http://www.doi.gov/news/pressreleases/national-park-service-enters-agreement-with-state-of-arizona-to-re-open-grand-canyon.cfm