Sign in to follow this  
aggiejake

Not a bad day at the office

Was able to harvest my turkey this year. Kind of got lucky. Turned out to be a pretty good day though. Had been seeing a lot of turkeys over the last couple weeks. Once turkey opened I really hadn't been able to get out and hunt except for Sunday a little. On Monday was heading out to work on some fence and as we were heading up had a group of turkeys cross in front of us. At first we were just watching them and then it hit that oh ya I have a tag. Got my shotgun out and it was unloaded. So loaded it up. Turkeys were still just slowly working their way up the hill. Got to the base of the hill and waited for one to separate himself and then the hunt was over. Got a quick pic and then went back to the house and dressed him out. Then we headed back out to work.

post-5305-0-38107200-1381719408_thumb.jpg

As I was finishing up my day walking a stretch of fence to see what it needed done for repairs I was able to find this decent but older coues set.

post-5305-0-58086400-1381719594_thumb.jpg

Then got to finish the day with this view. So not a bad day at the office.

post-5305-0-12424400-1381719780_thumb.jpg

Your office has a better view then mine! Congrats on a nice bird.

I sure like your office. Thanks for sharing and congratulations. :)

TJ

Good looking bird! What a view!!

Thanks everybody. Just got in to turkey hunting the last few years. This was my second bird. My first was a fall turkey also. Hoping to get drawn this spring and take part in that excitement.