Sign in to follow this  
fisher_hunt

10x or 8x

10's for quick glassing when going from spot to spot but 99% of glassing is on a tripod with 15's

• Like 1

Most of my glassing off hand is with my swarovski 10x50's. 15's definitely go on my tripod. I would love to have a pair of 10x42's but my wife would kill me. :(

TJ

• Like 2

10x50's. I do not have a tripod(that is not to say that i don't want one). I just rest my elbows on my stomach or knees.

I can't hold the 10x still enough so I prefer to use 8x. I seem to be more effective with the 8x over the 10x when using them hand held. If I happen to have something to use for support like a walking stick, tree or knees then I prefer 10x.

For quick scanning 10x42's, for spot and stalk 10X42's and for sit all day glassing 10x42's. :lol: For me i find they are the best all around glass for all applications. I use a light aluminum mono pole I made out of a broken tripod for long sits to glass. With it being adjustable I found I could hold up my bino's and glass all day without tiring.

GBA

Swaro 8's and if it is rut time and critters are movin then they are even better you can spot critters far away with huge field of view..

I use 10s. After a couple of minutes though, I just am not steady enough so, like GBA, I am using a monopod instead of a tripod. I just use one of the cheap "shooting sticks" from wal mart (unscrew the yoke and there is a 1/4" stud for your adapter). Since I am usually backpack hunting or at least a couple of miles from the truck, the monopod is way lighter than the lightest tripod. With the monopod, I can sit on a ridge with my 10s and glass for hours. It doesn't replace a full size spotting scope and tripod, but it is definently more portable.