Sign in to follow this  
Mpar

san carlos

has anyone hunted on the san carlos for coues deer? do you know what the process is to get tags or permits? is there a contact number?

Should be in the AZ regs. I know the rifle tag is a draw and for a none native the tag is pretty pricy. Not sure about the archery tags tho.

the tags go on sale sometime in january usually. a few days before that date a line will form outside the g&f office,yes,people spend days and nights in line,then the morning of the sale indian guides will show up and go to the front and get tags first,at this point people towards the back of the line will start paying the indian guides to buy their tags for the them. by the time the guides get done buying tags there won't be many of the coveted tags left, then when it's finally your turn to buy they tell you that all the january coues tags are gone and you realize that you just totally waisted time and money to go there and you leave pissed off. that's just one of the experiences we've had good luck it's like a monkey trying to f*&^ a football

Lefty is spot on! Total joke, I left pissed after showing up at 2am and waiting a long time. All the chairs are locked together but no one is in line. Pathetic system indeed

the tags go on sale sometime in january usually. a few days before that date a line will form outside the g&f office,yes,people spend days and nights in line,then the morning of the sale indian guides will show up and go to the front and get tags first,at this point people towards the back of the line will start paying the indian guides to buy their tags for the them. by the time the guides get done buying tags there won't be many of the coveted tags left, then when it's finally your turn to buy they tell you that all the january coues tags are gone and you realize that you just totally waisted time and money to go there and you leave pissed off. that's just one of the experiences we've had good luck it's like a monkey trying to f*&^ a football

A monkey trying to what with a football. I've never heard that before. It took me 10 minutes just to stop laughing

Thank you.....You made my night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

/>

+1!!!! I was 3rd in line one year( that is behind the guides that can buy multiple tags and get in front of the line) just to get in there to find out that all tags were gone. Besides the nov tags. Probably not the best 8hrs I have spent waiting in line for nothing but lesson learned and won't go back again because of that. Hopefully it will change one day .

• Like 1