Sign in to follow this  
jmall

Help with score

I have been scouting for my December sheep hunt and I have found a few rams that I would consider shooters . I am not really confident in my ability to judge sheep so I thought I would post a couple of pics to get some feedback. I would like to get opinions on size and age . Any advice or opinion would be appreciated.

post-4214-0-80318800-1382727458.jpg

post-4214-0-29521200-1382727566.jpg

post-4214-0-39248100-1382728217.jpg

post-4214-0-68487800-1382728231.jpg

based upon the overall rings, triangulation of position, height + width + curl ratio I would suggest that I don't know anything. My guess is shoot it haha

• Like 2

based upon the overall rings, triangulation of position, height + width + curl ratio I would suggest that I don't know anything. My guess is shoot it haha

That is pretty much the same score I came up with LOL

I would say he is a class 3 ram that would score around the low 160s...im no expert though.

The first Ram i would guess at around 150 ish left side has a good chunk missing off of horn!!...5 to 7 year old!...the other ram is a 130 ish class about a 3 to 4 year old!...im no expert eather but if you go to jay scott web, site it well help!...its just what i learned from last year!!! :D ...only you know what your trophy looks like!! ...just dont get cought up in the numbers game!! ....i would take the first Ram first day!! ;) he looks cool! B) ...! good luck and happy hunting! its once in a life time and truly one of the best hunts you'll ever have! ;)

• Like 1

The first Ram i would guess at around 150 ish left side has a good chunk missing off of horn!!...5 to 7 year old!...the other ram is a 130 ish class about a 3 to 4 year old!...im no expert eather but if you go to jay scott web, site it well help!...its just what i learned from last year!!! :D ...only you know what your trophy looks like!! ...just dont get cought up in the numbers game!! ....i would take the first Ram first day!! ;) he looks cool! B) ...! good luck and happy hunting! its once in a life time and truly one of the best hunts you'll ever have! ;)

I must have learned a little at the Sheep seminar that is about right where i have him. I can't wait for the hunt the scouting has been awesome.

This is my Ram i took last year! he went 162 5/8's they aged him 6 to 7+ years! ...a sheep expert had hin 9 + years!!

Would love to find his twin brother!!!

I called one of my buddys who is one of the owners of High Desert Outfitters, they are mainly sheep guides. He said that he might go better than 160", he has decent mass. But that he also had bad sinitus on that left horn. I asked if that was what the chunk missing was, and he said yes. And that it also meant that he could lose that horn at any time. If he still has the horn in Dec I say shoot him, if not go to plan B. Hope this helps.

/>I would shoo the first one because it doesn't have a collar on it

Collar or not shoot!!!

I agree 100% if you like the ram shoot!! I passed on a ram that was running with mine that would have scored more but mine was what I wanted because of the look. You will know when you like him...you only get one- in my mind score doesn't matter just have a good safe hunt. Good Luck!!!

That first ram is so cool...If I were with you, I'd say take him!

My ram also had bad sinusitus and I was afraid he would break off off when I shot him.

He didn't though and still is the second largest ram EVER taken in 15A-15B East! 153 7/8 and he was aged at over 11 years old!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters