Sign in to follow this  
Jdubbs07

Back to back Coues in unit 4A

That's just fantastic!! Those are some nice bucks and a trophy in my book! Whatever you are doing, keep it up. It's working for you!! You accomplished in 2 1/2 days what most of us can't do in a week!! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I love seeing Coues bucks from non-traditional units. Especially big ones. Well done.

• Like 2

Great bucks! There aren't many deer on the rim anymore but even less whiteys! I hunted elk on the rim last month and in 10 days of hunting I saw 4 bucks (one giant) and one doe! Over the years I have only seen 2 whiteys up there!

• Like 1

real nice bucks. what rifle/loads did you use?

I used my .270 Winchester. The load i was shooting was the Winchester SuperX Power-point 150gr. I normally hunt with the 130gr. for couse but because the bear hunt was just opening up in this unit i used the 150gr. in case i got lucky to see a bear. either way im a big fan of the SuperX loads. They are great!

• Like 1

Great bucks! There aren't many deer on the rim anymore but even less whiteys! I hunted elk on the rim last month and in 10 days of hunting I saw 4 bucks (one giant) and one doe! Over the years I have only seen 2 whiteys up there!

Thanks trophyhnter. You're right though, The deer in this unit are far and few between non-the-less they are there. I have done lots of homework and scouting to find where the pockets of deer are more dense so its been a huge pay off to take two nice whiteys in this unit! Also, very true, there are the occasional giant muleys in there as well! Just gotta find em. thats why i love this unit. Its somewhat underrated for deer, but you can find toads if you really put some time in and miles on your boots in there I believe.

Very nice deer. Congratulations. Nice and wide.

Wow!! Really awesome bucks! Great job!

Guest akaspecials

Very nice work! 4a is my main unit for elk. I've seen a few 180+ mulies but I've never seen a coues in the unit. Back to back bucks in that unit is something to be dang proud of! Congrats.