Sign in to follow this  
cvw789

My 2013 Fall Archery Bear

Well sorry it took me so long to post this but it has been a little busy. So the hunt goes like this. We started chasing bears in the pears but couldn't make anything work. So we went back to hunting down south and while looking at some new country, I finally found a couple of bears that where in an area that I could work with. I glassed this nice boar up in the back of a nasty canyon and told Eric Forrest grab your stuff we've got to go. We made it to the back of the canyon and started to creep into where we had last seen him. We spotted him 30 yards out walking the trail down to us. As he cleared the brush I made prefect shot and he bolted. A few seconds later the canyon was silent. We gave him a little bit of time before we went to check for blood and started tracking him. There wasn't much of a tracking job with this guy because he was piled up at the bottom of the cut about 50 yards down. The only bummer to this deal was it happened so fast that we were not able to get it on video and we had a 2 1/2 mile pack out. The PSE Supra Max and the 125 gn Swhacker worked great !

post-1877-0-94990200-1383107117_thumb.jpg

post-1877-0-89112300-1383107150_thumb.jpg

post-1877-0-06816900-1383106992.jpg

post-1877-0-04398400-1383107251_thumb.jpg

Cole

• Like 1

Congrats Cole great job hanging in there and getting it done, even if Eric wasn't as fast with the camera as you were with the bow.

• Like 1

Congrats on a nice bear Cole.

• Like 1

Congrats on a great looking bear.

• Like 1

Sweet bear! Congratulations on getting it done with the stick and string!

• Like 1

That is a healthy bear right there! Looks like its got a decent size head on it! You'll have to keep us updated if you get it measured. Great job!

• Like 1

Nice solid black hair with the black muzzle to match! Great job! What time did you arrow your boar?