Sign in to follow this  
Mocha1545

Finally it's my turn

It's finally here. Heading out tomorrow with my Dad and hopefully my brother. Between work and personal commitments I haven't had time to scout and neither has my brother. We are going to the place where my brother got his first deer and so many other great memories. It's been over 35 years since we hunted it. Fortunately it is not covered in houses (thank God for Google Earth). My Dad is 88 years old and this may be the last time we can get out. I cannot wait to spend the time with him and my brother. It doesn't matter if we kill anything. I just look forward to creating more memories. I will write up our story and add pictures whether or not we get one when we get back.

Thanks everyone for the great stories and pictures to get my blood pumping for my hunt! Keep em coming!

• Like 2

Good luck Wink, I know it will be a fun trip, and I hope for success for you guys as well!

• Like 1

Thanks Jim. It will be a fun trip and we'll sure give it our best shot. The freezer has been empty for far too long. My brother is really good at seeing only one deer a trip but the darn thing has horns. I alwys get to spend my opening morning helping him drag out a deer.

We will eat good and have a Great time no matter what. Dutch oven packed and ready. Shepherds pie and cobbler. Yum yum.

My brother may not make it up there until opening morning. We'll see how it plays out.

Have fun and good luck!! Sounds like a great plan!

• Like 1