Coues assassin

Varmint hunters question

I have never been varmint hunting but wanting to start I love hunting and spending time with the family while doing so. The only problem I have is what do u do with the coyotes? Do you eat them? If I were to harvest a bobcat or lion I would surely get it mounted, as far as coyotes if they are good eating I always love some good "fast food"

The only thing I ever seen eat a coyote was the last lion that I killed.We started him off of the coyote that was ate on,and buried.I told the wildlife manager that I thought his deer herd was in bad shape,when the lions are having to eat coyotes.He told me we were in a dwindling deer herd.He has since retired.

I would not even try it...
The only thing I ever seen eat a coyote was the last lion that I killed.We started him off of the coyote that was ate on,and buried.I told the wildlife manager that I thought his deer herd was in bad shape,when the lions are having to eat coyotes.He told me we were in a dwindling deer herd.He has since retired.

So what do u do with them once u kill them?

On the show "Meateater" they shot a yote in Mexico and grilled the entire thing over a pit and tasted it for the sake of tasting it......That's the only time I have seen or heard of it happening. I don't eat or skin the one or two yotes I kill a year. I cut the tall off remove the tailbone and dry them just to keep around.

Buzzards got to eat too!

• Like 1

Let them rot. Take the fur if you want. Killing coyotes is all about taking pressure off game populations i.e. deer fawns.

Duh, skin them out... Either stretch and prepare pelts yourself or find a taxidermist or a fur guy and work out a deal. Coyote pelts are worth some money- not as much as Bobcats, but still worth some $$$.

• Like 2

I have never been varmint hunting but wanting to start I love hunting and spending time with the family while doing so. The only problem I have is what do u do with the coyotes? Do you eat them? If I were to harvest a bobcat or lion I would surely get it mounted, as far as coyotes if they are good eating I always love some good "fast food"

Take the pelt or leave it....Mother Nature will take her course

Let the coyotes lay where they fall, of if you feel bad donate them to someone that could use them given they are not torn up by the shot to bad.

I feed the turkey vultures down in my side of town :) .. with my yote kills... here is a kill from 2 weeks ago, went back the following week and only hair was left of him..

If you or anyone else for that matter is ever in Tucson you can bring them to me.

I take the hams and back straps from my bobcats. I grill them with garlic salt. pretty good... Never had the stomach to think about trying coyote. I dont like skinning them. To greasy, and can only imagine the taste...