Coues assassin

Varmint hunters question

I take the hams and back straps from my bobcats. I grill them with garlic salt. pretty good... Never had the stomach to think about trying coyote. I dont like skinning them. To greasy, and can only imagine the taste...

I hope to be doing some kitty hunting this fall/winter. Are those the only parts that are edible or worth eating

Back straps are, well back straps...... I take the hams and cut them into stew meat and make stew or chili. Sometimes I cut them into thin strips and toss them in flour with salt and pepper and fry them into kitty cat chicken strips... Sometimes my wife asks what we are eating, and I answer with a "does it taste good" 90% percent of the time she says yes, and I tell her meat. When she says she does not like it, I still tell her meat.

She told me before we got married that if she is with me, she will never go hungry, and that she just does not want to know what is on the plate. She still asks once in awhile..... ^_^

• Like 2

Back straps are, well back straps...... I take the hams and cut them into stew meat and make stew or chili. Sometimes I cut them into thin strips and toss them in flour with salt and pepper and fry them into kitty cat chicken strips... Sometimes my wife asks what we are eating, and I answer with a "does it taste good" 90% percent of the time she says yes, and I tell her meat. When she says she does not like it, I still tell her meat.

She told me before we got married that if she is with me, she will never go hungry, and that she just does not want to know what is on the plate. She still asks once in awhile..... ^_^

:lol: :lol: Sounds A LOT like my wife!!

• Like 1

If you or anyone else for that matter is ever in Tucson you can bring them to me.

I'm in tucson I hunt them in 37a, I'd be willing to bring them for you next time I go out. Il send you a pm if I happen to go out soon

• Like 1

Skin'm, salt/flesh the hide and send off to the tannery. Hang up the pelts in your garage. I skin most of the coyotes I shoot but have left a few lay also. It's not fun to skin them but its good practice.. takes a few to get it down.

Let them lay...I've skinned very few coyotes in AZ and none in southern AZ, the pelts suck. I do save my cats though and have been meaning to sell them, however right now I have a deep freezer full of cats and havent sold any since 2009.....

She told me before we got married that if she is with me, she will never go hungry, and that she just does not want to know what is on the plate. She still asks once in awhile.....

Thanks for the info

Check out the episode of Meat Eater on You Tube, Steve Rinella said it tasted like duck.