kbaugh59

Unit 29 October Hunt

Just returned from Unit 29 hunt. Two of us with whitetail tags, neither filled. I was just wondering if anyone else had been successful in this unit. It seemed to us that we saw fewer deer this year than we did last year. We saw a whole lot of bear sign, one javelina and two does. We saw a couple of other hunters that were successful, both nice forks, but that was it. Most of the other hunters we spoke with said the little buggers were more difficult to find this year, this is only the second time I've hunted this unit so I really don't have any experience to go by. As always, just being outdoors in such a beautiful part of Arizona was well worth the time and effort.

I have the upcoming hunt there. It can be tough, sorry you guys didn't tag out. There are some big ones in there but can be hard to find.

Keven

I agree with you there Pencillo.My grandfather before he past suddenly five years ago.He worked for the railroad,and lived in a little town by the name of Bowie which was about 30 minutes from there.He used to hunt unit 29 all the time.He killed alot of deer out of that unit with a bow and rifle.He used to take me hunting there when I was 13-14 years old.He used to know where the deer were all the time.But the last time I was there I didn't do so hot.But that was about 7 years ago.I used to hunt I belive around Turkey Creek.Kinda by the old cemetary.Or back over by this little general store and a bed and breakfast.I would like to eventually make back there.Bring back some old memories. Maybe I'll go this Bow Season. Take care,Scott