Sign in to follow this  
Nitemann

Honda Quad Repair

I have a 2004 Honda Rancher quad that I have let set for couple of years without starting. I tried to start it today and it's a no go. I'm guessing the carb need cleaned or rebuilt after sitting for so long. Do you have any recommendations for a repair shop in the Mesa area that's dependable and reasonable.

Thanks,

Rick

Stay as far away from Ridenow as you can! Worst experience ever and I was actually apologizing to my quad for doing it. This was in Tucson.

• Like 1

I'd personally recommend you do it yourself. Seriously. Get on the internet and start reading. Get a gasket kit and I promise even someone with no mechanical skills can do it. Invest in yourself......its not the American way anymore, but it sure a heck used to be.....give it a try you might learn something.

• Like 2

I agree with the others. I was an ATV Mechanic for 4 years and a carb clean is one of the easiest things to do.

You don't even need a gasket kit. All you need is a few screwdrivers a can of carb cleaner and an air hose if you have it. I could do a carb clean on a Rancher in less then 5 min.

If you don't feel like doing it yourself you can contact my buddy Shane. He owns J&P Cycle and ATV repair. He is as honest as they come and won't BS you. He's in SanTan Valley.

602 769 5806.

Tell him Chris gave you his info.