Sign in to follow this  
Gary I

Coueszilla, better to be lucky than good

Thats awesome,to bad you couldn't of got him, I wonder how much money and how many people it took to find this buck and

who else knew of him? you had to talk about the other sheds of him you found from this buck, Mullins claims this buck, but all

the pictures i have seen say another's outfitters name on them.did you spill the beans on this awesome buck.or did they just kick butt and find him on there own.

Seldom Drawn

• Like 1

Seldom drawn,

To answer your questions, I found the first set of sheds 3 years ago. I showed the sheds off but was very vague about where they came from. I hunted this buck for three years, once in the October rifle hunt and twice in the January archery hunt. All three times other bucks tempted me too much and I came home with them. I only saw the buck alive once for about two seconds. I knew that with cameras being put everywhere it was only a matter of time before someone else found him. I never sold this buck out or even told anyone where he was. I believe the guy that found him found him fair and square like I did. I put well over 125 miles on my boots to collect these sheds and they are some of my best trophies.

• Like 2

More pix...more years...post-1822-0-24032800-1383617629_thumb.jpgpost-1822-0-54252600-1383617644_thumb.jpgpost-1822-0-77512800-1383617664_thumb.jpgpost-1822-0-64096800-1383617682_thumb.jpgpost-1822-0-54073600-1383617704_thumb.jpg

The best set is currently at mogollon taxidery being mounted with last years archery buck cape

• Like 2

Seldom drawn, To answer your questions, I found the first set of sheds 3 years ago. I showed the sheds off but was very vague about where they came from. I hunted this buck for three years, once in the October rifle hunt and twice in the January archery hunt. All three times other bucks tempted me too much and I came home with them. I only saw the buck alive once for about two seconds. I knew that with cameras being put everywhere it was only a matter of time before someone else found him. I never sold this buck out or even told anyone where he was. I believe the guy that found him found him fair and square like I did. I put well over 125 miles on my boots to collect these sheds and they are some of my best trophies.

Gary - I must congratulate you on so many levels. Far too often a great buck like this gets taken and the green monster raises it's ugly head and accusations of the buck being shot out from underneath them or as you say the bucks get "sold out" to the highest bidder. I is refreshing to see that not happen. Helps to restore a little faith and hope.

Congrats to you for finding the buck, working hard to find his sheds and then expressing a sincere congratulations to the fortunate hunter that was able to seal the deal.

Good luck to you in all future endeavors

• Like 2

123456, Thanks for the compliment on the lantern tree. It was an inspiration of mine. Collecting old Coleman lanterns has been a lot of fun. By the way, I'm looking for a single mantle model 200A in the gold bond color they made in the early 70s if anyone has one the want to sell or trade away.

Gary

• Like 1

Huge congrats to you Gary, thats amazing! We had no clue anybody else knew about that buck and i thought there was a good chance nobody had ever personally seen that buck alive. That's awesome you got to see him, i know the sight of him on the hoof is something I'll never forget! I hope we can meet up and put the rack and sheds together soon. Thanks for being a great sport about it all! Jim

• Like 2

Gary Congrats on all your sheds and all the hard work you put in the outdoors! You, my friend, are a class act and I only know one other guy that is willing to work as hard as you to find such a beast! I have No doubt that you will find another and it is attitude and karma that will provide it! Thanks for sharing the sheds with us all, and I hope you will add the mounted sheds to the thread as well once Clay is done! Cheers and good hunting!

• Like 1

Way too cool. Thanks for taking the time to give us some background and posting up the additional pictures.

Ooh seeing those field pictures had to sting a little. There was a particular buck I had my heart set on once and I never found him. Every time I see a pic from that unit now my heart stops for a second.

Congrats on some great finds and good luck on finding another beast.