Sign in to follow this  
measafrontier

12A West

our camp got a 181"4x4 and a 170" 4x4 and a nice 2x3. does everywhere in transition

Many deer around Pine Hollow Rd, Down to the 427 rd. north along Little Mountain range up to the 235 rd. Early Morning feeding area. Should have no problem finding a Doe. Have fun.

our camp got a 181"4x4 and a 170" 4x4 and a nice 2x3. does everywhere in transition

Wild wooly. You working on posting some pics of those bucks. Seems like the Kaibab has been a little slow so far for some decent bucks

My son got his first deer.

Thanks to the suggestions on areas to hunt from the members.

We hunted hard all day and didn't see our first deer until around 4:00 P.M. when we kicked up a buck and a doe. We hiked and glassed all morning and saw plenty of sign, but no deer. The buck and doe were in thick juniper and disappeared. Finally about 20 minutes later we caught two doe out in the open.

My son set up with a 100 yard shot and dropped her where she stood.

Great experience!

As of Friday night there had only been 9 deer checked in with G&F. When I talked to G&F in the early afternoon there had only been 4. I believe a total of 100 permits for this youth hunt, so G&F said this was extremely low for opening daypost-9981-0-51457200-1384052216_thumb.jpg.

Thanks again for the help.

post-9981-0-80677400-1384053214_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I am sure that you and your son had a great time! I know exactly where you connected. You are in some of the nicest mule deer country there is anywhere. Enjoy the venison!

Awesome, think I've been in the area of that first picture.

Friend took a 27 inch 4 X 4 toad there a few years ago!

I'm going up for the late 12A West hunt and I'll be there looking for Mr. Big!

Good job to you both!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

I posted a story in the youth section, but thought I would add a pic here as well. Cody took this big doe Saturday morning. Thanks to all of you that offered advice on this hunt. It really was a lot of help.

post-843-0-14283000-1384313058_thumb.jpg